Little Joseph Anthony born Oct. 30 '09 [long]

K

KJunkie

Joseph Anthony was born on Fri. October 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM. He was 6 lbs 7oz and 18 ½ inches long. It pretty much all started for me on Mon. October 26, 2009 at my doctor’s appointment. I was dilated to 4 cm. I was so happy to find this out after finding out that I would not have to have a c-section as I thought and would get to have him naturally. I thought, “Wow, I will get to have him soon!”

I was kind of wrong. Went home on Monday and had nothing but BH contractions. Everyone was all excited; sure I would be having him in the next couple of days. But I kind of felt that I was getting nowhere! Everyone took me walking, and I was happy to oblige because I was really eager to meet my little guy.

I had much of the same thing on Tuesday and Wednesday. I was starting to get frustrated because I had to time my contractions and I felt like I was just staring at a clock all day long. Plus, I was starting to get really frustrated with my family and friends because they were all texting, calling, or stopping by and asking if there was a baby yet. Well, obviously not since I am not in the hospital!

Out of my frustration I called my doctor’s office and asked to be seen on Thurs. October 29. I had my appointment around 3 PM I believe. Went in, and he checked me. I was only at 5 cm! In three days? Ugh. Well, he did a membrane sweep to try and help speed things up as I was only 38 weeks. Doctor said we should go home and have sex, as it may help as well.
I was cramping and bleeding from the sweep, so wasn’t up for sex when we got home. So, sat around until around 8 just hoping things would start. After a while, my OH just decided to practically rape me, haha. As I was not really feeling up for it.

Well, after sex I laid around for a while. Then got up to take a bath. Well, before I got in to the bath I had this feeling. It really felt like I needed to poo, but when I tried I was not getting anywhere. Anyhow, got in to the bath and the feeling just wouldn’t go away. Then I realized … I was having contractions!! Haha. :dohh:

Got out of the shower and got dressed. Went in and sat with OH and started timing. I started timing at 8:59 I do believe, and I was having them 1 to 2 minutes apart. And they kind of really hurt. I did not like it. I recorded for a while, and my mom came by. She sat with me and OH for a while, said she was going to go out that night but figured she better not. I called the hospital and asked if I could go ahead and come in as been having the contractions for about an hour 1 to 2 minutes apart and was already dilated to 5 cm earlier that day.

I got to the hospital around 11 PM. My contractions were close and short, and I was dilated at a 6. Well, I had a long night ahead of me because I took me forever to make it to even 8 cm. At 8 cm I got an epidural. Then my dilation slowed even more. I was at a 9 ½ at around 10 am. The nurse stretched my cervix to 10 cm. a little after that. But, my epidural worked TOO WELL and I could not feel the pressure to push! So, they shut my epidural completely off. It took me 1 ½ hours to even be able to feel a little of the pressure so I could know when to push.

A little after that, I started pushing. I took me maybe 5-10 minutes to get him out with a little help from suction/vacuum. Can I just say that the feeling you get when that baby comes out is … wow. It actually felt good, relieving. I did not expect that.

Honestly the most painful part of it all for me was my contractions at 8 cm before my epidural. Also, when the doctor was pushing on my stomach to deliver the placenta, as well as the nurses pushing around on my stomach after labor was over. OUCH. Hated that.

I had a bit of a complication from my epidural though; apparently after my epidural was removed my spine was leaking fluid causing me to have a headache for a week after delivery. It was kind of miserable to be honest because if I wasn’t lying down my head was just pounding. As well as my back hurting, along with neck. I did tear a little below my clitoris, needing a couple of stitches.

My little boy was perfectly fine except they did hear a bit of a heart murmur, and it is still there at his appointment yesterday. (Nov. 11, 2009) But, he is doing great.

https://i36.tinypic.com/n4jg43.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1337.jpg
    100_1337.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 49
Awwww, hes gorgeous!

Congratulations!

wow, how beautoful hunni! so lovely!! xoxo

Handsome little man...congrats hun...

Congratulation he is soo handsome xxx

Gorgeous little fella! Congrats honey. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread