Little Layla 19th April 09

sam*~*louize

Reaction score
Should have been done a while ago, but we all know there is no time in the day !

Hmm where shall I start!

Due date: 26th April
Birth date : 19th April - 1 week early
Weight: 7lb 2oz
Length: 49cms
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Dark and Lots of it!

Waters broke 1am on Sunday 19th
Contraction started 4.15am
Layla born 7.21am

Pain relief wanted: Avoid epidural if poss
Pain relief had: Gas & Air only

Woke up for the toilet at 1ish on the Sunday and when I sat up I realised this was no wee! SOrted out and put a pad on, and laughed sat on the toilet whilst shouting OH! I wasn't going to phone labour ward as I figured that contractions needed to come. But I phoned and they said come in to be monitored.

Arrived at hospital 2am (it's only 5 mins away but i decided i wasn't in a rush and sorted things out)! Went on machine for 45 mins ish, heartbeat was great, tightenings but no contractions. Was told when contractions 5 mins apart to go back. Was also asked to take temp at home every 4 hours and if nothing happened to go back in the the ward at 3pm, as there is time limit due to water's breaking.

Left hospital at 4am, got fuel for car on way home and got home about 4.15. Turned laptop on to pos on April mummies to apologise to the girls who were overdue lol! and to use contraction master.com! Well the contractions decided to start coming, in back and belly. Never experiencing these before I assumed i had contractions and backache (thought the pain was separate because it was in different places)

Had a cup of tea and a bath, and by now they were bloody hurting! Decided on the bath as I quite liked the idea of a water birth - was in there 10 mins and couldn't move and was in agony. OH was timing contractions for me.

Got out, dressed, and OH said "did they say 5 mins apart" because "they've been coming every 1 1/2 to 2mins". I kind of knew this, but didn't take it in, figured they'd start at about 20 mins apart, and work their way down!

Got back to hospital around 6am - and I was hurting so much, I couldn't stand/walk/bend through them. Got onto ward and into room, and midwife said would I like to get changed. I had jeans and a "Ministry of Sound" tshirt on lmao! She didn't get a reply for about another 3 contractions on top of each other, and me groaning! (I'm smiling here now thinking about it, but at the time the pain was mad!)

She examined me and I remember thinking if this has to go on much more I want an epidural. She said "Your actually fully dilated". Jesus I could have jumped for joy, but just squeezed OH hand instead! So no time for other pain relief or the pool if I'd wanted it anyway!

Was on all 4's leaning on bed, had Gas & Air, and pushing a bit, not much urge to start with. Boo's heart rate was dropping here and there, so i had to lay on back to be monitored a little. More pushing.

After what seemed like a lifetime - Boo's heart rate was causing them concern so Doc came in and clipped a thing to her head and said he needed to do suction / cut. Was happy with this as I thought they were going to tell me C-Section. So I had stirrups pulled up out the side of the bed and bottom half of bed taken off! I was on the edge and felt like I was going to fall off !

Turned out to be a "Kiwi Ventouse" they used not full suction as I'd almost got her out alone. Layla was born, let out almighty screams - SURREAL was not the word, saw her body come out and watery bits etc and she was here?!? She was quickly check, wrapped in towel and given to me. Me and OH were just stood there, amazed.

Had injection for placenta delivery and doc was sorting that out when I started to shake. Normal apparently but OMG, constant shaking uncontrollably. Asked for Layla to be taken off me and given to OH because felt like she was going to fall off. I got stitched up, then doc decided he'd lost a swab lmfao. Had to be checked inside, bin pulled out, etc etc, ended up I was sitting on it. OH said he had visions of tools being left in places they shouldn't!

Anyway....all went fine, very quick - 6 hours from water's breaking to birth. Couldn't have gone better/faster than I wanted. But jeeeeeez it's made me think twice about the size of family we have. I cannot describe labour. HOW she came out of ME, down there? Phew, it hurt is all I say!

We were out of hospital 7 hours later too :D SHe got checked over, all fine so we came home! :D

2 weeks on, healing great, can walk about better/longer, and Layla is a good girl :) And Im almost back to pre pregnancy weight/clothes, tummy is flat. :happydance:

There could be more, but I think I covered it all !

https://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/sammielouize/Baby%20Boo/EDITSide38weeks2.jpg 38 weeks,last bump pic
https://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/sammielouize/Baby%20Boo/Item001.jpg 1st cuddle with daddy
https://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/sammielouize/Baby%20Boo/108_3998.jpg in hospital
https://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/sammielouize/Baby%20Boo/Item007.jpg
https://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/sammielouize/Baby%20Boo/Item018.jpg 2 days ago in her first set of clothes :D

Thanks girls x

Congratulations she is beautiful!!! Great story too I hope my labour is short too!

Wow, so pleased you wrote it, kept saying to Stuart, she hasnt written her birth story, bug Kev hee hee!
Well done babe, so pleased for you both, Boo or Layla as she is known now is perfect and looks so cute and like her Daddy i think.

Cant wait to see her at some point.
Love and Hugs Us 3 x

Congratulations, shes gorgeous :) Well done xxx

Sammie, you sound like you had THE perfect birth! OMG I can only hope mine is like yours!
Layla is so beautiful! :cloud9: our little Pingu Girl :pink:

congrats, shes gorgeous x

congrats ! shes beautiful look at that full head of hair! precious! x

Congratulations! She is gorgeous, and a great story xx

I'm so gald she made it in good time and that you are both safe. Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->