Little Vent...

andella95

Reaction score
Lately, I've heard a couple people say "at least you can conceive" after a miscarriage or chemical pregnancy. It bothers me.

I've lost three now, and that doesn't make me feel better. Sure, I might be able to conceive, but I can't have an actual baby? I know it's meant well, and to those who haven't been able to conceive at all, I know it seems like a good thing, but it still gets to me.

Does anyone else fell this way, or am I all alone???

:hugs:No, your not alone. We all have have our down days.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!!
I get that all the time cause i fall pregnant easily! Its like my losses are cancelled out just because i can get pregnant staight away....It makes me soo mad!

I think it's just for lack of something to say - and a feeling a need to say something when all that's needed is an " I'm so sorry" and maybe "I'm here to support you if you need it" but instead you get a load of cliches which really aren't any help.

People get so flustered when you say you've had a mc - lot's of times I would just follow it up saying how I would be ok just to fill the awkward silence.

I would try and let it go over your head - you don't need to get upset about careless talk.

hx

I got this a lot too, and it really irritated me. It's the most useless and crap thing to say.

You obviously know you can conceive when you fall pg, but like you say, it's as if that's meant to cheer you up loads:growlmad:

Hugs
SL

Yeah i get this, because i fell pregnant really easily both times (second time i only had sex once!) but it annoys me so much because it doesnt matter how easily i get pregnant if i cant stay pregnant!! x

Totally know how you feel- people who havent been through a miscarriage dont have a clue what its like. People keep saying to me.."when the times right it will happen"...and I feel like shouting, It DID happen, the time WAS right -I dont want another baby..I wanted that one! people just dont get it :(

Someone at work said to me the other day that I need to get myself in a positive fram of mind in case it happens again and then I can consider what consultant I'd go to!!!!! I wasn't properly listening at the time which was lucky for me (I didn't burst into tears) and her (she missed getting punched in the face). This from someone who just does not understand at all - I cannot believe someone said that to me.....I am so scared it's like some evil jinx :-(

Some people are so lovely and others are just utterly stupid.

At least everyone on here understands :) xx

I know exactly what you mean. People would say "at least you can GET pregnant!" and I'd say "yeah, but if I can't carry......"

My doctor told my husband that it's harder to help someone who can't GET pregnant than it is to help someone carry. It doesn't do a whole lot to comfort me since I've now had two M/C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->