Liver Function Test

MrsCeder

Mum to Amelia 6/6/13
Reaction score
Hi ladies, so about a month ago I had a blood test to check my liver function as I was itchy. I was told they needed to be repeated in 2 weeks time, I got the results today and the doctor has asked for them to be repeated again next week! Does anyone know why this would be? I have a telephone consultation with the dr on Wednesday to see if I can get some answers!

Any help/ advice would be appreciated x

Can I ask where you were itchy hun? Was it all over? The soles of my feet are really itchy and tight but they've also been dry on and off recently so I'm thinking it's that.

As for your results it might be that they were inconslusive, or perhaps it's a test they do repeat as standard? I would think your doctor or midwife should be able to tell you!

xx

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/itching-obstetric-cholestasis-pregnant.aspx

It says here that

OC is diagnosed through taking a medical and family history, and blood tests that check your liver function. These are known as liver function tests (LFTs). Once OC is diagnosed, you will have regular LFTs until your baby is born, so that your doctor can monitor your condition. If your LFTs are normal and you continue to have severe itching, the LFTs may be repeated every week or two to keep an eye on them.

if that helps!

I had cholestasis with my first and was given weekly liver function test and was itchy all over we delivered at 37 weeks because of it! make sure you stay on top of all of it because it can be harmful to the baby my levels jumped very high in just a week. hang in there the itching is horrible trust me i know!

there is a sticky thread on OC at the top of third tri if you ladies are interested!!

Can I ask where you were itchy hun? Was it all over? The soles of my feet are really itchy and tight but they've also been dry on and off recently so I'm thinking it's that.

As for your results it might be that they were inconslusive, or perhaps it's a test they do repeat as standard? I would think your doctor or midwife should be able to tell you!

xx

It was mainly arms and legs, the midwife wasn't concerned as it wasn't my hands & feet but said did the bloods as I was already having a full blood count done at that appointment. I suffer dry skin anyway so I think it's just exasperated by pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->