Liver hemangioma

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of a liver hemangioma? I have been having a constant dull ache under my right ribs for the past year since giving birth. When I lie down I feel like there is something there and a feeling of pressure. I had an abdominal ultrasound yesterday and everything was absolutely fine. The technician said the only thing there was a hemangioma on my liver which is a harmless birthmark. She said it will likely have always been there but their protocol is to give me a follow up scan in a few months. She said that the hemangioma wouldn't have been causing me the pain.

She made it sound like no big deal and completely harmless and they are very common, but having done some reading on them it sounds like they can cause pain and issues. It seems like my pregnancy made it grow as they are affected by estrogen. I read that they can rupture and this can be fatal :( Does anyone else have one and what if any precautions do you take? Can I still lift weights? Does the presence of it burden or damage the liver in any way? :|

An ultrasound technician is not a doctor and not qualified to give you advice on what they see on an ultrasound. You need to go and see your doctor about it!

They wrote to my doctor who has recommended another scan in 3 months and then to come in to discuss with the doctor. It's quite frustrating to have all this further waiting after it took them so long to refer me for a scan in the first place :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->