Living room colours.. help!

Kimmer

Mummy to a beautiful baby
Reaction score
I want to paint my living room, either a feature wall or the whole room. I've got a light red/peachy colour sofa, a red, orange and cream rug and mexican pine table and tv unit.

I can't decide what colour to paint it! I think it needs a bit of life.

Any ideas?! :flower:

Attachments

• 999858_10153120097260494_1791951090_n.jpg
    999858_10153120097260494_1791951090_n.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 37
A light, sagey green will offset the orange and red nicely I reckon. You could go for a light orange but I think it'd be a bit much.

How about a beige striped wall paper on one wall, (the ones where its 3 different beiges in thick strips) it will be a nice feature wall but if you wanted to change the colour theme in there you wouldn't have to change the wall paper !!

I really don't like green so I don't think I could live with it :rofl:
I rent this place and I asked if I could wallpaper before, but I'm not allowed :sad:

I went into B&Q today to see the colours, but I don't even know what would look good, so I gave up!

How about yellow? A nice bright warm yellow.

If you just fancy a bit of a change, could you get a new rug, curtains, plants or paintings? I'm not a fan of feature walls or lots of different colours throughout a house, I like the walls simple and then everything else makes the room. I think a three piece painting on that wall and some brighter curtains would look good.

If I was to paint it though, I'd probably go for some light greys... which won't really add life! :haha:

Yeah I'd just put some pops of colour in with a rug/curtains/accessories.

We're not allowed to decorate at all so that's what we're doing x

I'd probably go for brown, either chocolate or a coffee colour, but its hard to tell if it'd def go as can't really see the colours of your furnishings. From what you've said I think it would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->