LO angry with BF! Is it teething related

Snowleopard79

Reaction score
My LO is 22 weeks and for the last week has got a angry at times with BF. I think he maybe teething as he has flushed cheeks and excess drooling and chewing stuff.

He seems to be getting angry with the boob, will feed for a very short period and pull away and cry. I have tried swapping sides which sometimes helps but not sure if he is uncomfortable feeding because he is feeding. He takes a bottle ok (he has one FF before bed).

I recently had a blocked duct/mastitis after being unwell - could this be linked he gets angry with both breasts.

Thanks

The flushed cheeks and drooling sounds like teething but the thrashing about could just be a phase. All babies go through this i just cant remember what age!

I've found lifting my boob slightly and holding it helps my little guy when he does this, my theory is that the weight of the boob makes his teeth(gums) hurt more when they are playing up. Not sure if that's what it is but it works for us so worth a try? Also rubbing some bonjela on his gums where he's teething helps if he's doing this.

Becki x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"