LO doesnt seem to like being weaned!

steph1505

Reaction score
I did only start weaning Brandon 4 days ago...and on the first day, he ate most of his baby rice and I was so happy! But since then he will only take a few spoonfuls before turning his head away and closing his mouth & refusing to take anymore!!

Does it just take time and perseverance or does anyone think I should maybe change to puree'd veg?!

My mum suggested crushin up a wee bit of rusk into the rice?!

Thanks for ur help...I really need it! x x x

My LO didnt take to food for ages, in fact only just now at 8 months he is just accepting it, he isnt all that fussed in it. I would stick to the rice for a couple of weeks then introduce some purees, they have only been used to milk so its all new to them. Good luck. x

That's common from what I understand. I really wouldn't crush rusk into the rice as rusks are sugary and could give LO a taste for sweet foods, leading to possible problems getting him to take savoury.

At his age there is no need to stick to rice or even give it at all, I would try him with some veg, maybe something like sweet potato or butternut squash?

You can start to offer finger foods too.

George only has a few spoonfuls of the rice too, but im sticking at it, then in a few weeks introduce something else xxx Goodluck

Thanks so much!! I dont why but the weaning process is really really getting me uptight! Im gonna try with the rice again today, gonna try lunch time instead of tea time, just to see if that makes a difference!

But I am also gonna go to the supermarket and buy my veggies and get them all puree'd up!

Thanks so much :)

I can sense Im gonna be a pain in the bum in this part of the forum!! x x x

I would just maybe leave it a week or so before trying again (if the veggies are not eaten up that is!) - as it wont be doing him any good if you are getting uptight when feeding him, even if you try not to show it - he will probably sense a change in you which may make him feel uncomfy about the whole food thing.
Weaning should be enjoyable for you and him!

When he is good and ready he will take the food, he either isn't hungry enough for it, or just isn't ready for food yet.

Good luck with the veggies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->