LO has cradel cap & he is pulling his hair out...

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
My LO has had cradel cap for some time...however he also has a habit of pulling his own hair...i dont think intentionally, its just where his hands always end up when he is having his milk...however the side of the hair that he likes pulling is the side where his cradel cap is the worst...he has pulled it so much that i have ended up having to put scratch mitts on him incase he ends up infecting his cradel cap as i have noticed that side of his head getting red and also alot of hair falling out...so much that i can see a bit of a bold patch coming out!...i have also noticed the cradel cap is a bit smelly from that side and that side of his head is always wet...whats goin on?? Anyone had similar experiences??

Mmm.. Can't really help! Josh started to have a bit of cradle cap and it went away in no time with some baby oil on his head twice a day for 15min.

Hope it gets better hun xx

There is special shampoos you can get from tesco and Boots, I can't remember the name, begins with a D. As my son had it bad. If you're scared of it getting irritated, take him to the doctors, perhaps they can offer something a bit more stronger to clear it up xx

Sounds like it must be annoying him. Ryan had it too, but never did scratch or pull his hair and it was never smelly.
We used extra virgin olive oil and then used to wash it out. That helped some, but then we used the dentinox cradle cap shampoo and that has cleared it up.
But if it looks infected or smells, I would check with your HV.

My last daugther had it aswell when she was younger and she used to rub at it aswell causing her hair to fall out, I used to rub baby oil on her and it cleared up and her hair grew back, unless u think it is gettin infected I don't think it is anything to worry about.
She ended up looking like a little old man with just hair on the sides of her head as u can see in the picture but thankfully she has a full head of hair now.

Attachments

• Picture 288.jpg
    Picture 288.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 7
I use the shampoo and olive oil but its just all over...and with it smelling im worried...will have to speak to my HV...Thanks ladies xx

i found that the best thing to do it massage baby oil in his calp before he goes to bed and comb out the cradle cap in the morning, you should find that it comes out really easily.

Grace has got a little bit of cradle cap and pulls at her hair sometimes. She sleeps with the back of her head against her moses basket and its covered in little hairs that look like animal hairs. Not sure about the smell and the wetness though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->