LO rolling over causing mayhem - need ideas please!!!s

Laughing Girl

Reaction score
So, Isla is 15 weeks old now, and has just started rolling over from back to front. She loves to do this so much that every time I put her down, she rolls over, but because she doesn't like it on her front, and can't yet manage to roll back onto her back again, I have to be on constant roll over rescue. This is fine in small doses, but not great for long periods of time.
Before she had learned to to this, I used to put her down on a lambskin on the floor with a mirror mobile dangling over her and she loved it so much it would keep her entertained for quite a while. I also used to do this when she was tired, and she would drift off for a snooze really easily.
Everytime I put her under her mobile now, she just rolls over, and I have to go and rescue her again....and so it continues........
She hates being in her bouncy chair for any longer than 10 mins, and although loves being carried in her sling when we are outside and will sleep in it when we are inside, she doesn't like being carried in it when she is awake indoors.
I just don't know what to do with her when she is awake and we are indoors - she is only happy when I am carrying her with my arms when we are indoors - I do this a lot of the time but just can't do it all the time. I've thought of getting a Hippy Chick hip seat but at 3 months think she's a bit young for it yet - better to wait til she can sit unsupported.
Does anyone have any suggestions for other things I can try, or am I just going to have to muddle through until she is a bit older and can sit up in a high chair and entertain herself a bit more when I am doing things around the house?

Introduce her to Jasper and they can pull each other they way they can't go! :haha: I have the exact opposite, Jasper is a tummy baby so he has learnt to go from tummy to back all the time then screams blue murder as he hates it on his back!

Yesterday though I left him to it for the first time, partly because my daughter needed a wee and partly because he had done it one too many times that day. Anyway he got really cross and screamed loads and then turned himself back!!! So maybe try leaving her on her front for a bit and see if in her frustration she will turn herself back.

I wish I could hep but Noah is 22 weeks and can not be bothered to roll over!!! LOL

He rolled from tummy to back twice a few weeks ago and hasnt done it since.

I try and tempt him over by moving toys up round and over him, he'll turn on to his side to follow the toy. Realise its moved too far round, lie back flat again and then roll on to his other side to look at the toy :dohh:

DS1 started rolling over at 12weeks so Noah doing 'nothing' is odd!!!

I think you'll need to just keep doing the rescue mission until she's abit bigger. Jumperoo's are also good if baby has good head control :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->