LO wont sleep for caregivers!

DarlingMe

Reaction score
I just went back to work. LO will not sleep for OH or my parents when I am gone. I am gone about 9 hours and he is only sleeping about 2 thirty minute naps. When I am home with him he takes about 2 ninety minute naps and a 2 hour one. He naps just fine at my parents house when I am home too.

Even with OH at home laying on my side of the bed with him doing the normal routine, he sleeps for 20 minutes and wakes up screaming. The other night I came home and he was so overtired, screaming, nursed, and then fell asleep for 9 hours (not that I am complaining about the sleep part!). What do you think??

OMG i have the same issue, i thought it was just me!

My sister tried to take LO overnight, he screamed for 5hrs so I went and got him, within 10 minutes he was asleep at home :dohh:

he does the same with MIL and FIL and now they think LO hates them!
i dunno what to do

No advice ladies I have the same issue haven't tried him sleeping out but if my MIL has him during the day he only has two very short naps it's a nightmare when we get him home

I'm now on my second attached baby...by that I mean attached to me! My eldest as a baby and now currently my youngest too only ever slept/sleep best if I put them down and especially if I'm with them throughout the sleep.

Perhaps they could try car/pushchair to help with naps (appreciate this doesn't help for night though unless your baby could be transferred sleeping)

My eldest improved as of about a year and slept longer for naps!

He falls asleep no problem but will not stay asleep! So they would have to drive him in the car for hours! And if it is dark out he doesn't sleep in the car, he stays awake to watch the lights reflecting from the other cars.

He is just so fussy the whole time he is with them and then I get home and he is still crying but smiling at the same time cuz he is happy to see his mom. Poor LO!

I have this problem! My parents sometimes had LO overnight to give me a rest. Well he was fine at first but then started to scream and they dont really know how to handle it. I know its mostly because he knows a bottle is coming after his bath lol so he wants it NOW! But they panic a bit I think. Ive not let him sleep out for a bit but he will have to soon as we have plans. Im just going to give something that smells of me so he knows Im "there" and hopefully he will settle. I need him to as when I go back to work he will be with my mum 2 days a week!

My LO does that with my OH but not at daycare...but she doesn't sleep anywhere normal for naps (ie, bassinet, crib, pack and play). At day care she sleeps in her bouncer and the only way she'll sleep for my OH s if he feeds her in her carseat and she falls asleep but its not for a long time usually...when I first had to leave her she wouldn't sleep for him at all

James is like this at nursery and he refuses to eat too. It's horrible as he's so upset at the end of the day

Mine does this with everyone except his dad and me. My sister came round last week and she was giving him his bottle whilst I cleaned up in the kitchen and he would start crying the second he saw her and would then look at the telly and look at her again and cry. It was hilarious, poor sister said he didn't like her. He cries as soon as he sees strangers. I really hope this doesn't last as I am soon going back to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->