loaded with the cold!!!!

novemberbaby

Reaction score
I am loaded with the cold and feel awful, this is my first pregnancy just going into 8 weeks so really unsure what i can take or am i better to let it get better itself???:sick:

Thank you

im in the same boat hunny. Got a rotten cough and am really chesty too which is making my morning sickness worse. DH has been checking a cant seem to find anything deemed 'safe' to take.
Looks like we're just going to have to ride it out.

I've felt horrid the last couple of days, really high temperature (39.9 celsius!) and sore throat and dizzy. I've been taking paracetemol and been reassured by the lovely ladies on here that that's fine. Just be very careful with doseage. And not lemsip as that has something in it that can raise your heart rate or something?

Hope we feel better soon!

xxx

I've got a cough which is driving me mad, I got some cough linctus in Boots which is suitable during pregnancy and when breatfeeding. Have you been to the chemist and asked the pharmacist if they can recommend anything?

Thank you so much, i am heading to boots tomorrow to speak to the pharmacist to see what i can take, am getting really bad cough that is making me sick, heading to bed in a bit to hopefully get:sleep::sleep: good nights sleep!!!!

i have a head cold that is driving me crazy! Ive had it for 4 days now :(

Hi ladies
Hope you're all feeling a bit better now! Can you use vicks vaporub, or karvol capsules to help ease your symptoms??
If you get a high temp you should probably see your Dr as fever in pregnancy is something to watch out for, they may be able to give you advice on how best to lower it.
Hope you all get well soon.
x x x

I am full of the cold too, have been all week!! I have been taking paracetamol. Hope you all feel better soon x

Hiya

I posted similr a few days ago. Tips I was given:

Paracetamol
Honey and lemon drinks
vic vaporub
breathing in steam (you know, bowl of water and towel)
Drink plenty of water.

All good advice I think. My cold is going now so hang in there as they do go.. Eventually!

Like Jo banana had mentioned I made a jug of honey and lemon. It really does cut through any rubbish in your throat. The cold really does make MS worse. I feel terrible :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->