Loft conversion advice

weewdy

Reaction score
Has anyone recently had a loft conversion done that could give me a rough estimate of price? Especially how much the plans and planning permission cost?

We will be doing most of the work ourselves so I know I will be able to do it relatively cheaply but just wondering how much it would be to get a company in to do it. It would consist of just one bedroom and bathroom.

I assume you are in the uk?

It depends on what your plan is really. If you are looking at just putting in velux windows then you may not even need planning permission.
Doing just velux windows could cost somewhere around the £15,000 mark.

Planning permission is usually a couple of hundred pounds. Plans I'm not sure about but if you got a company to do it then thd plans would probably be included in the price.

We are looking at having our loft done at some point. Rather than velux windows we are looking at bringing out one side of the roof so we have a gable end. This will give a lot more head room at one end. We will also need the whole roof replacing as it's in an awful state. We've been quoted around £35,000 for a top quality job.

Depends on what type, Velux , Dormer, gable end.

If it to the back of your house chances are you wont need planning although it not too expensive. But will need building regs and a engineer to tell you size of steel.

So many other factors is there enough room on your top floor for stair case, will it just 1 bedroom or bathroom, will you need a new roof??

I have a typical Victorian cottage and we reckon £15k for just velux, and £20k for a standard dormer and with my hubby being a tradesman and getting trade price and doing a lot him self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->