lol my oh cant read english

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
brittish english that is... The other week I went out and he was to put Jasmine to bed and apparently he tried to read one of her beatrix potter books to her.... when I got home he was like... those books are really hard to read!

lol... some of it is pretty old english I guess... I read squirrel nutkin and almost couldnt finish read because it is hilarious.

They are a super old english collection of books... you know... peter rabbit?

Love Love LOVE these books! They are long though for little books! I tried to read Helena the one about the mouse the other day.

I love them too, Jasmines nursery is beatrix potter... She seems to like the books too, she stares at me the whole time lol.

I have the entire collection of them when they were being sold at Gas Stations way back when I was a little girl.

My fave is The Tale of Jemima Puddleduck. :)

Oh I love Beatrix Potter books! :D

I remember seeing your nursery with all the characters, it's so sweet!

I have the entire collection of them when they were being sold at Gas Stations way back when I was a little girl.

My fave is The Tale of Jemima Puddleduck. :)

lol I have 2 sets! Not on purpose though, one is in really good condition and were mine when I was a kid, and then I got another set in the boxes with all the nursery decor that I got.

Awwww i loooove those books :) Tabs wont stay still long enough unless i'm feeding her... When i was little i was scared of mr mcgregor and cried everytime he came :lol:

i love those books

my nan has the entire orginal collection x

I love them too. We have my OH set from when he way a baby - 40 years ago! They're a bit chewed. Love Mrs Tiggywinkle.

I think my OH is borderline illiterate sometimes!

I loved Peter Rabbit so much! I remember having heaps of Betrix Potter books and also they'd made a cartoon version of peter rabbit - the animation was in the same style as the original drawings... I had it on VHS tape and loved it!

LOVE Beatrix Potter, always have. I've even been to her house. It is in the north of England in a place called the Lake District - truly breathtaking. x

LOVE Beatrix Potter, always have. I've even been to her house. It is in the north of England in a place called the Lake District - truly breathtaking. x

Thats so neat! Is it a museum now???

I will be honest, since i've known you on this board your name has always made me think of Jemima Puddleduck ha ha.

Quack quack! Yes, it's a museum. It's called Hilltop, I think. You can see the gardens that inspired her to write about Peter Rabbit and Mr MacGregor. Very cool, especially if you're a fan.

aww that is very cool! Too bad im all the way in canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->