London Mommies, I need advice

Samantha675

Maybe baby #3?!?
Reaction score
So the DH, baby and I are headed over for a few weeks. I was wondering which stroller we would be better off with in London. We have a regular Chico one, with smaller wheels, and we have a jogging stroller with the 3 large wheels. They both weight the same, and fold up. I know on the uneven pavement the jogging stroller will be better, but what about on the bus or the tube? Any suggestions?

for the tube, probably whatever is easiest to fold down. same for busses if theyre busy.

Excellent point AG, I didn't even think of that. Thank you!

How bout an umbrella? Will he be big enough to hold his head up?

What about get what you need when you get there?

I made a trip to DC when DD was very small and hauled a stroller along. I ended up wishing I had just waited until I got there, and bought something. You can donate it to a women's shelter or whatever when you leave.

Plus that helps keep the good one in good shape at home. Not being chucked around in the belly of a plane etc. etc.

Less for you and DH to haul around...

And depending on the extra cost to haul it along, it might be just as economical to buy it at your destination.

it is really depending, where in London you are and at what time, considering you can't board the tube in central London at peak time with any pushchair at all.

in not as busy parts, I would go for the jogging one as pavements are uneven.

we solely use sling and mei-tai to carry LO, as it is the easiest option for travelling by public transport! and our pushchair functions as a shopping trolley now :rofl:

Mickey we will be in central London. I am hoping to get a place either on the Bakerloo or the Picadily lines. My DH will be working the 2nd week, and his office is just off Picadilly. I will do my best to avoid traveling during the peak hours. I hated it when I was living there, so I can't imagine doing it with Bren. So maybe I will just Moby him up when we are traveling during the busy times.

Marg, that is a good idea, I may see if DH would be interested in doing that. I can always have my Inlaws pick one up before we get there. We will need a car seat as well I think.

I am so excited, I have not been back since moving back to Austin 2 1/2 years ago! I can't wait to see all our friends, and eat at some of our favorite places!

Sam have you seen the Quinny zapp?? I've gotten this for when I go out with Josh on the subway in here, it's amazing how it folds up so small and it is very light! It's also really good to carry on the plane.

Mickey we will be in central London. I am hoping to get a place either on the Bakerloo or the Picadily lines. My DH will be working the 2nd week, and his office is just off Picadilly. I will do my best to avoid traveling during the peak hours. I hated it when I was living there, so I can't imagine doing it with Bren. So maybe I will just Moby him up when we are traveling during the busy times.

Marg, that is a good idea, I may see if DH would be interested in doing that. I can always have my Inlaws pick one up before we get there. We will need a car seat as well I think.

I am so excited, I have not been back since moving back to Austin 2 1/2 years ago! I can't wait to see all our friends, and eat at some of our favorite places!

if you have a moby def take it with you!

we are in Central London as well, and really at peak time you hardly can board the tube! might have got worse since you moved away due to the congestion charge!

with moby and the threewheel-jogger you should be fine!
we have a threewheel quinny buzz and it is great for the pavements here :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->