Long awaited birth story of Brooke Marie Jordan!!

Gemma_xX

TTC#3
Reaction score
Brooke was due the 14th of March, no sign!!
15th March at 2pm I went to the doctors with my partner at the time, Jordan, and had a sweep!!
All day long on the 16th I was doing imaginary hula's in the hope something would get going!! 8pm, during Waterloo Road!! I had a drop feeling, I had this feeling when I had the miscarriages, I stood up thinking the worst and felt like I wet myself!! My waters had broke :happydance:
Contractions started around 10mins later at 8.30pm, called the hospital to prepare them, they were 20mins apart
By 9pm my waters were still leaking and contractions were 10mins, 9.30 contractions were 4mins apart, I called the hospital and was told to go in, Jordan then expected me to find him some jeans:growlmad: soon got told where to go!! Me and my mum packed up the car and we all left for the hospital!! She almost missed the turning and went over the bloody curb :dohh:
We got there for 10pm, was given another sweep and told I was only 2cm to go home and have bath
We were home for half past but by this time my contractions were on top of eachother, I couldn't walk and in a hell of a lot of pain, back to the hospital!!
We got there for 11, security asked me if I was ok... He got one dirty look!! Got to the birthing suite and my midwife said 'I knew you'd be back within the hour, you walked out a lot differently to how you walked in'
I was put in a room with the birthing pool and they ran me a bath, told me if a bath didn't relieve the pain then the pool will be no good for me.. I got in the bath and was told to lay on my side, I tried and ended up being sick as I was straining so much to try and not drown as I was too short to reach the end of the bath and keep a float!! So there I was, with Jordan, being sick which was also pushing more water out :dohh:
I then had to ask Jordan to leave as I felt the need to poo :blush:
We went back to the room, it was about 12.15 and I started on gas and air, the contractions were on top of eachother and nothing was helping, she kept trying to put me off going in the pool as it'd slow it down.. I was in that pool by half past!!
She called in another midwife to monitor the heartbeat whilst she kept an eye on me, I had the gas and air in the pool but the best part was when she was topping up the water!! It felt lovely!!
The midwife then said she's preparing the bed and crib as it's progressing very quickly...
12.50 I felt the overwhelming urge to push, I told her and she said I'm definitely ready to, by 1am I was pushing regularly, pushing was the easy part!!
When her head was out I was told to push a tiny bit then turn onto my back so I was sitting on the bottom instead of all fours... I thought this was odd but later found out the cord was wrapped around her neck
I was then allowed to carry on pushing, the last push felt very strange!! All of a sudden my stomach was just empty!!
When she was passed to me she looked strangely familiar, just like the little baby I saw at the 4d scans!!I never expected her to look the same, god knows who I thought I was looking at on the scan!!
We cuddled for 10mins then we got out of the pool, I lay on the bed shivering because I was so cold coming out of the water!!
The placenta delivered within 10mins, didn't even have the injection.
My mum gave Brooke her first feed then left me and Jordan alone for the night, I showered and we were moved to the next room, Brooke slept the whole night, I was woken by Jordan who wanted my bed as his was a sofa bed and was uncomfortable, so I'd had about 2hours sleep.. Considerate!!
We went home by 12, still at my mums as the flat needed work doing to it.. Jordan was great the first week..Helping with night feeds, changing her, feeding her.. We all moved out the 1st of April, Jordan then did nothing but moan at me for food, to wash up, didn't help with Brooke what so ever, didn't even hold her, I soon moved him back out 2 weeks later!! Been a single mummy since and absolutely love it!!
1st pic: 20mins old
2nd pic: 1hour old
3rd pic: couple months old
4th pic: almost 4months old, in her chino's
5th pic: Me and chunk about 2weeks ago

Congratulations! Such a cutie-pie... :happydance: :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members