Long... baby Franklins dramatic entrance :)

babyhopesxx

Mum of 2 boys
Reaction score
On Thursday 29 September at 9.30am I went and had my first sweep at 3 days overdue. I immediately started having regular mild contractions every 10 minutes.

I went home for a rest and then later picked my son up from school. I was going to go to my mums for dinner but I phoned her up at 5pm and she took my son to theirs because I was getting rather uncomfortable and didn't fancy going there, I wanted to stay at home. My OH had some jobs to do after he finished work at 5 but I text him at 5.36 asking him to come home because I was in quite intense pain then and knew now was the time to get to hospital.

I went and laid on my bed but then the contractions started immediately comming on top of each other, all I could do was lay there and scream and I quickly realised I wouldn't even be able to walk to the car to hospital even if I wanted to. I rang my OH and told him to get home NOW. So I just carried on laying in bed, waiting for OH to arrive, trying to get through each contraction but they were literally one after the other and the pain was very intense.

I then suddenly felt like I needed a massive poo and realised it was time for the baby to come. I phoned 999 at 5.57pm and screamed down the phone that I was in labour and the baby was comming. Very soon after my OH arrived home and took the phone off me and spoke to the operator who instructed him what to do. I felt baby come out and my waters break, and my OH delivered Franklin Owen at 6.16pm on 29 Sept and he weighed 8lb 15.5oz. A few minutes later my mum and dad arrived, shortly followed by the ambulance who cut the cord, then the midwifes who checked us both over. I had a small tear but didn't need stitches so we were all allowed to stay at home.

It certainly wasn't the birth I had planned, I wanted hospital with the medical staff and drugs, haha, but I wouldn't now change it for the world. Franklin is so content and precious. :cloud9:

Here's a pic of Franklin

Attachments

• DSC00151.jpg
    DSC00151.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 51
congratulations hun wat a story well done xx

wow, how amazing! lol, in some way i wish this wil happen to me to save me going through what i did before. lol, well done and congrats!

oh my goodness!!!! well done hun and huge congratulations!!! he's precious!! x

That is my dream birth story - well done you, your hubby and of course beautiful bubba franklin xxxxxxx

Well done you, he's gorgeous! Congratulations :) xx

Omg!!!!! Congrats! I was wonderin how ur sweep went! Mine did f**k all haha x

wow, that sounds like my ideal birth story :rofl: Congrats, hes precious!

Wow congratulations hunny what a shock that must of been! X

congrats to you and your other half. both of you are amazingly brave. Well done! :flower:

Wow what a story! Well done and congratulations on your beautiful boy! Xx

Omg congratulations that is amazing. Made me cry xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"