long birth story of Cruz Leslie 01.10.11

1st time

Mum of 1 and expecting #2
Reaction score
My beautiful boy 'Cruz' was born at 4.07pm on the 01.10.11 weighing 6.14 pounds after 21 hours labour and 3 hours pushing.

I Love him so much and his wonderful daddy:hugs: will give more details and pics when I get a chance.

*****Birth Story*****

Well where do I start.....On Friday 30.09.11 I went to hospital with heavy bleeding (knew it could be show but I had been having the "show" for 4 days) it was confirmed by the midwife that this was my show and they monitored me and bubs for 1 hour to make sure all was ok. They then realized I was having contractions - I couldn’t feel a thing though, so we went home to wait for something to happen.

at around 4pm on Friday I started having contractions (decent ones that I could feel and actually started hurting) and over the night I had 3 showers and two baths and then ran out of hot water lol. Hubby was helping as much as he could but nothing seemed to ease the pain. 6.30am Saturday morning 01.10.11 I told hubby that I couldn't take it anymore and I wanted to go to the hospital with every contraction I had to lean over the kitchen bench and struggled to breathe through them.... so we packed the car and called my midwife to let her know we were on our way.

We got to the hospital around 7am and they checked me over, the midwife explained that she didn't think I would be more than 3cm dialated and may have to go back home (at this point I started to worry) so she did an internal and I was 5cm!!!! The midwife was very surprised and she said I was dealing with the labour extremely well; she then checked me into a delivery room at 8.30am and advised me to go to the cafe and have some breakfast whist I was still able to cope with the pain and have a walk around the hospital; so I walked around for 2 -3hours and had breakfast and went back to my room to have a shower as my contractions seemed to be disappearing. At 12.30pm the midwife decided to come and see how I was traveling she did another internal…. I was only 6cm - I couldn’t believe it; she then explained that she could break my waters to speed things up as babies heart rate was getting a little worrying and I was exhausted. I asked about pain relief as up to this point I hadn’t had anything and I knew once my waters had been broken that it would be a lot more painful and due to being so very tired I didn’t think I would cope. I then decided to have an epidural and the midwife said she would organise this after breaking my waters and putting a drip in to increase the contractions- and silly me agreed.

OMG!!!! Soon as she broke my waters I was in agony and every contraction was in my back, we waited so long for the epidural and once the person come to put it in I was screaming to the midwife “I CAN FEEL THE BABY COMING OUT” so she did another internal and I was already at 9cm but babies back was on my back and his head was not to his chest but facing up - she explained this meant I would have to push the biggest part of the head out. I was then asked if I still wanted the epi or whether I wanted to go natural as I was already so close…. After crying through the next contraction I decided NOT to have the epi - silly decision lol. I pushed and pushed and pushed and in between pushing my eyes were rolling back in my head I was that tired ( I swear I would have looked like the exorcist..lol) then babies heart rate kept going down so the midwife was getting firm with me and told me I had to PUSH! So after trying and trying she had to give me an episiotomy to help get him out …after around 3 hours of pushing my darling boy was born and placed on my chest where he feed straight away, i cant believe i had no pain relief after being so close to having an epi. 4 hours later they discharged me and I was at home with my beautiful hubby and son.

I was re-admitted to the hospital the following afternoon as Cruz would not feed and just slept and slept and was a bit jaundice then had problems as my milk took longer than normal to come in, but now he is 9 days old and we are getting back on track and he is feeding and latching well.

:cloud9:I love my little boy so very much and his wonderful daddy, I couldn’t be happier.:cloud9:
https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/1st_time1/Snapbucket/3B5962F0.jpg
https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/1st_time1/Snapbucket/C2C8749B-orig.jpg
https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/1st_time1/cruz/CruzRedding016.jpg

Gorgeous! massive congratulations. Hope his feeding continues to improve :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->