Long cycles after BCP, TTC #1

Ldemell55

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My husband and I got married May 2013 and started TTC in June. I was on BCP for YEARS (10-12yrs) before coming off it for the first time in June 2013. My periods have been extremely irregular (cycles have been 31, 56, 40, 47, & 38 days long June till now).. and when my period FINALLY comes.. it's two days of light flow and maybe 2-3 days of spotting-- pretty much no blood. I don't know if I'm ovulating since I JUST started charting temps.. but since my cycles are so long and have had ONE positive OPK test, I think my body TRIES once or twice each cycles and doesn't end up ovulating :(

So I'm going to see a reproductive endocrinologist next friday and am hoping for answers.. My one finding is that i JUST started doing my basal temp at 0830 in the morning when i wake up and am only 96.8 degrees or less! .. I've read this may be related to hypothyroidism ? I'm hoping it's the case so it's a definite answer and can be fixed! I never anticipated TTC to be this hard :shrug:

I also was on BCP for about 10 years and stopped taking the pill 6 months ago. Since then my periods have also been very irregular..cycles have been 64, 43, 50 days long. I have been taking Angus c. but thinking this is actually having the reverse effect so probably will stop taking that and see if stopping helps any. I have only actually started TTC two weeks ago but with these long cycles I'm unsure of how successful we are going to be.

I also bought a clear blue fertility monitor but I am still waiting for my period so i can start using it.

Anyone had success stories with long cycles after BC pills? also, any suggestion on how to get them back on track?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->