Long Cycles & OPK's

rochelleaimee

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

I normally have 35 day cycles give or take a day. I'm just wondering when I should start using my new Clearblue Fertility ovulation kit? The box says to start on cycle day 18... But one time a couple months ago I had a positive OPK on cycle day 15. It was a dollar tree test, not sure if that matters.

Is it possible to ovulate on different cycle days, yet still have a 35 day cycle?

When do you start using your OPK's?

I have a 29 day cycle and typically get positive opk on days 14/15. I think day you ovulated can vary but not massively.....

I use cheapie opks from day 10-11 and then switch to clear blue around 12/13 as they are so expensive.

If your cycles are very consistently 35 days only varying +/- a day, your ovulation day shouldn't vary too much either. When you had the +opk on CD15, did you also have a shorter cycle that month? Typically, the luteal phase will be very constant from cycle to cycle, so it could have been a weird test, or a fluke month. Do you know your luteal phase length? Going by the directions and starting on CD 18 is probably fine if your luteal phase is normal (14ish days)

HTH!

mines aprox 34 days and i typically ovulate on day 18 give or take a few days. i usually opk from day 14.

If your cycles are very consistently 35 days only varying +/- a day, your ovulation day shouldn't vary too much either. When you had the +opk on CD15, did you also have a shorter cycle that month? Typically, the luteal phase will be very constant from cycle to cycle, so it could have been a weird test, or a fluke month. Do you know your luteal phase length? Going by the directions and starting on CD 18 is probably fine if your luteal phase is normal (14ish days)

HTH!

Yes I did have a shorter cycle that month but it was still 33 days...

I'm 21 and was pregnant and miscarried a year ago, so I know that i CAN get pregnant. thats a good sign right ? I'm perfectly healthy, eat right and am very active. I rarely drink and dont smoke or do drugs, I'm married and own my home. My husband and I both have great full time jobs. WHY is this so hard? I feel like I'm doing everything right! To top this all off, my sister-in-law (who is evil) just announced to the world that she is pregnant "by accident". She keeps telling me "just get pregnant by march and you can have a 2015 baby just like us!" Like its so easy to "just get pregnant".... not for some of us! ugh... rant over. :growlmad: :cry:

But having longer cycles is so discouraging because i have to wait so much longer to try again. Before my miscarriage and D&C I had regular 28-30 day cycles every month. so frustrating. Hopefully this new fertility monitor will be our little good luck charm..... :thumbup:

Oh man i totally understand that feeling. One of my friends swears both hers were accidents (yeh course , she always said she wanted kids with 2 years between them and by accident that happened) lol.

Everyone i know has been or is pregnant, sometime i literally cry myself to sleep.

Anyway scrap my last comment, i looked back at my charts and i've ovulated between cd 17 and cd 24! I just bought some vitex so i really hope that helps.

Yes I did have a shorter cycle that month but it was still 33 days...

I'm 21 and was pregnant and miscarried a year ago, so I know that i CAN get pregnant. thats a good sign right ? I'm perfectly healthy, eat right and am very active. I rarely drink and dont smoke or do drugs, I'm married and own my home. My husband and I both have great full time jobs. WHY is this so hard? I feel like I'm doing everything right! To top this all off, my sister-in-law (who is evil) just announced to the world that she is pregnant "by accident". She keeps telling me "just get pregnant by march and you can have a 2015 baby just like us!" Like its so easy to "just get pregnant".... not for some of us! ugh... rant over. :growlmad: :cry:

But having longer cycles is so discouraging because i have to wait so much longer to try again. Before my miscarriage and D&C I had regular 28-30 day cycles every month. so frustrating. Hopefully this new fertility monitor will be our little good luck charm..... :thumbup:

So sorry you had to go through a loss, I had one too before conceiving my daughter. It's so much more common than you might think. So it's definitely a good sign that you can get pregnant! Do you chart your bbt, or other fertility signs? It might be as simple as pinpointing your most fertile days, which sounds like you are doing with the fertility monitor. I'm not sure how the clear blue works, I use Internet cheapies, but if it helps you figure out which days are most fertile that'll help. hopefully that's all it'll take! Even with everything working perfectly, the chance of conception is not 100% so it might take a few tries.

I feel your pain with the long cycles, mine are crazy messed up and can be very long... Sometimes over 60 days between cycles. But so variable, never consistent, not eve a little. Makes it frustrating to wait for ovulation and sometimes it doesn't come. So no, it's not easy to "just get pregnant" for some of us. I totally get that! Good luck to you! :flower:

So sorry you had to go through a loss, I had one too before conceiving my daughter. It's so much more common than you might think. So it's definitely a good sign that you can get pregnant! Do you chart your bbt, or other fertility signs? It might be as simple as pinpointing your most fertile days, which sounds like you are doing with the fertility monitor. I'm not sure how the clear blue works, I use Internet cheapies, but if it helps you figure out which days are most fertile that'll help. hopefully that's all it'll take! Even with everything working perfectly, the chance of conception is not 100% so it might take a few tries.

I feel your pain with the long cycles, mine are crazy messed up and can be very long... Sometimes over 60 days between cycles. But so variable, never consistent, not eve a little. Makes it frustrating to wait for ovulation and sometimes it doesn't come. So no, it's not easy to "just get pregnant" for some of us. I totally get that! Good luck to you! :flower:

Thank you for your response! I have not been charting BBT as my husbands work schedule is very inconsistent so some days I'm up at 4:30 with him and other days I sleep untill 7... Maybe its laziness. I keep telling myself "If I dont get pregnant this month, I'll start BBT charting next month!" and then I dont. That should be my next step I suppose, I just dont want it to go that far! :wacko: Last month I was dedicated at tracking my CP and CM but never actually got a "real" positive OPK (used dollar tree) , would get two lines but the actual test line was not that dark.

I'm hoping my clearblue will give me more insight as it will be a solid yes or no answer. Oh my gosh... my very first cycle I had after my depo worre off was a 3 day period and then 62 days untill my next cycle! So I suppose my body is kind of regulating finally... @MichCuc, are you currently trying to conceive as well? Got me and my honey eating right, I've been on prenatals for over a year (cuz of last pregnancy) and trying oh so hard to stay positive!!

XOXO

Thank you for your response! I have not been charting BBT as my husbands work schedule is very inconsistent so some days I'm up at 4:30 with him and other days I sleep untill 7... Maybe its laziness. I keep telling myself "If I dont get pregnant this month, I'll start BBT charting next month!" and then I dont. That should be my next step I suppose, I just dont want it to go that far! :wacko: Last month I was dedicated at tracking my CP and CM but never actually got a "real" positive OPK (used dollar tree) , would get two lines but the actual test line was not that dark.

I'm hoping my clearblue will give me more insight as it will be a solid yes or no answer. Oh my gosh... my very first cycle I had after my depo worre off was a 3 day period and then 62 days untill my next cycle! So I suppose my body is kind of regulating finally... @MichCuc, are you currently trying to conceive as well? Got me and my honey eating right, I've been on prenatals for over a year (cuz of last pregnancy) and trying oh so hard to stay positive!!

XOXO

The clearblue might be all you need, so if you want to try it for a while, see how it goes, you might not need to chart bbt. Charting bbt can def help pinpoint ovulation, but can't necessarily predict unless you're super regular like clock work... so, see what works for you! We're kind of half heartdly trying right now, but I think I'll get serious with opks and whatnot in the late spring. Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->