Long Haired Mommies

Beltane

Mother of 3 Boys!
Reaction score
What are you doing with your hair during pregnancy and/or motherhood?

My hair reaches my waist and I refuse to snip it. I've been thinking of different styles and ways that I can easily wear it. I remember after having my first that a ton of my hair dropped out. Has anyone contemplated dreads, braids or such?

Ideas welcomed!

I thought about getting mine shaved at the hairdressers yesterday! Only joking. I know what you mean though. It gets everywhere!!!! Hmmmm...... xxx

mine stays in a ponytail most times :rofl: because I don't have time to mess with it and if it's down it gets pulled!

I kept mine long all pregnancy, either in a pony tail or braid and then after I had the baby my DH said , why dont you donate your hair to cancer patients for wigs, so I did!
I had braids once and they were really itchy after a while, it will also leave your hair pretty unhealthy in the end and you will need to cut it a lot when you get tired of them, I think the same can be said for dreads so think about that before you do it. Have fun!

I tend to wear mine up too! Your hair must be really long then - I think BeanCounter has gorgeously long hair too if I remember rightly... maybe she'll have some ideas! :D

During pregnancy I'm doing jack shit with it because I've not the energy to put it up. At most I've once or twice had it in bunches or plaits. After pregnancy I expect to be able to do what I like with it again!

i out mine in a pony tail or one plait, i refuse to cut mine, i got really curly hair but i straighten it lol and just tie it back.
x

My hair is just above my waist and I have lost so much of it that I wear it up all the time now to hide my receeding hair line and thinning too! I just put it in a cain roll, like this:

https://lh4.ggpht.com/_j47OolgTeho/SB5RJ7kuJKI/AAAAAAAABCE/clcifxBYX_I/jen+hair.jpg

I will not cut mine, I will not cut mine, I will not cut mine.

I straighten mine and put it into a ponytail or a messy bun usually. I'm too hot to have it down all the time, it's so heavy and such a good insulator:)

Also... I forgot to mention that I pin it off my face with bobby pins, either the "Duff puff" (if you remember that), by braiding the front part so it's off my face or, frig how will I explain this.. pinned at the back? A small section from both sides at the front joined at the back.. hope that makes sense somewhat!

im growing my layers out so its easier to manage. my hair is super thick as well so cant be bothered with drying it at moment so just put straightening cream on it and leave it to dry then bung it up in ponytail or bun and if i have time i straighten my fringe...very different attitude to pre pregnancy where it was blow dried straightened and styled everyday lol

I just put it up so far nothings really changed with it but who knows!!

I kept mine long during my pregnancy but half of it tied up but now iv had bubs and he is obsessed with pulling it out i am considering getting it all curled...its nearly upto my bum anyway! xx

Mines not as long as yours Beltane but its half way down my back. Its been like this for nearly 20 years and I think its high time for a change but I can't decide what to do... I think of my hair as my security blanket as many people have been kind enough to say in the past that I have nice hair. But more recently I cant be bothered to do anything with it, I just leave it to dry on its own most days and usually end up tying it back...

im growing my layers out so its easier to manage. my hair is super thick as well so cant be bothered with drying it at moment so just put straightening cream on it and leave it to dry then bung it up in ponytail or bun and if i have time i straighten my fringe...very different attitude to pre pregnancy where it was blow dried straightened and styled everyday lol

Sounds like you are describing me!!!! lol

I tend to twist mine around then stick a BIG clip in it. I think long hair is easier because you can just stick it up if you want to so you can get away with more!!!

x

I think it's easier to have longer hair that you can chuck back in a pony tail than short hair that needs styled or looks horrid O.O

I tend to twist mine around then stick a BIG clip in it. I think long hair is easier because you can just stick it up if you want to so you can get away with more!!!

x

i think that too. But already I'm getting told I will want to get it cut because the baby will pull it. I'm pretty sure though, that I can get it cut when the baby is here if I deem it necessary, rather than pre emptively mangling myself.

Anyhoo, I normally plait it, and then twist it up and use one of those big grabby claws to hold it out of harms way when I am working (I'm a painter, so I tend to get glued to canvasses otherwise, and it's hip (hehe wedgie!) length so a ponytail doesnt work because there's still room for it to flick into things).

Also like those clips which you have a n arch bit and a stick that goes through it, no Idea what they are called though.

there are other updo's that take a bit more energy, like french pleats, there are some pretty good websites for caring and styling super long hair, if you search em out.

hope that helpsx

I tend to wear mine up too! Your hair must be really long then - I think BeanCounter has gorgeously long hair too if I remember rightly... maybe she'll have some ideas! :D

Aw thanks, dint see that before. I'm not so good with plaiting my hair in exciting manners it's too long my arms get tired, lollol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->