Long Haired Mommies

mines long but fine. Usually get a fringe and a bit of a feathered look and thats it. Though since falling out with my ex mate who was a hairdresser i say it will be very very long now as i cant get out for a hair cut! :(

Pregnancy has ben good to my hair - the roots used to get greasey quickly, now I can get away with washing it on every second day.

My hair is very thick, and Long I worry it's going to be a hassel to find time to wash and dry it (an opperation that usually takes an hour) once LO is here. I can probably find 15 mins to wash it, but I can see the a blow dry and straighen going right out the window lol.

Tempted to get a lot cut off, but OH keeps sulking when I mention it.

Ive used being pg as an opertunity to grow my hair as it grows like mad when im pg.
I had it short before, but it was such a ball ache, having to straighten and style it every morning.
Now its a good lengh now, down to my shoulders, so i can just chuck it back in a tail, clip it back, or stick a head band in when its in my face.

Id rather it was long because when i have bubs, i wont have the energy to be styling it just so i can leave the house, lol, its so much easier to just tie it up.

Has anyone had people tell you guys that you're going to want to cut it once the baby's here?

I'm so tired of people telling me that after a few fistful's of hair I'm going to want to cut it all off. First of all, I'll never cut it "all off" thankyouverymuch. Also, like a kid can't grab a handful of shoulder or ear length hair either??

Mostly I wear it back in a ponytail if I'm puttering around the house. If I go out I'll make an effort to do my hair but it's super thick to begin with and pregnancy has definitely helped matters so it's quite the effort.

when my hair was long during my first pregnancy i had it braided

Mine was really short (see avatar) but im taking the chance to grow it out a bit.
Im not actually sure what i want to do with it but i figured the first few weeks ill probably jsut want to tie it back without needing th straighten it.
I can get it cut short again later on if i want to

No-one's told me I'll want to cut my hair when the baby's born, why would I? Why would I feel differently about it? It's not hard to stick it in a ponytail to get it out of my face or LO's fingers if needs be. Besides, it's kind of sweet when babies pull your hair, I like that mine would grow up liking long hair because it reminds him/her of Mummy (and Daddy as it happens!).

My hair is pretty long but very fine so it dries in about three seconds. I never bother with it much unless I want to straighten it, then I have to blow dry (or wait for it to dry which I prefer if I've got the time). Not worried about hair maintenance at all, can't be less bothered to do it than I have been during pregnancy! lol

will probably stick mine in a clip of some type but won't be cutting it short, i look awful with short hair.

I do an dwill just shove it up in a pony or bun or something like that just to keep it off my face, my hairs not realllyy long anyway x

Mine lives in a ponytail 24/7. Have to cut it now though as toddler keeps pulling on it

I either have mine down with an hairband in. OR up in a messy bun. OR up in a ponytail. :D

Mines really thick and curly and down to my bum.

No way will I get it cut ~ I did that when I had my daughter (11 years ago), got it cut from the same length now to a jaw length bob :dohh:

Thing is, with shorter hair, you have to 'do' it every day, long hair is so easy, just scrape it back into a pony tail or a plait.

I miss not going out and having it all down though, I've lost count of the amount of people who have asked me if my hair is real :rofl:

I've put mine up in a messy 'bun' (ponytail just looped around itself) for the past few weeks. It's lovely and glossy and wonderful at the moment, but I can't be bothered to style it and I seem to really be wanting it off my face and neck...

I do remember it falls out loads once the baby is born though - and it looks like way more scary amounts if your hair is long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->