Long irregular cycles who has been to the Docs?

kat08

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Has anyone with long irregular cycles been to the docs and how long did you wait? When came off BCP in June I had 47 day cycle as I had always previously been 28 days I rang docs. I couldn't get an appointment so the receptionist spoke to the Doctor called me back and said no need to worry may take up to a year to get normal

2nd cycle is 61 days today and no :witch: or :bfp:!! I am wondering if I should go to doc's just to get checked out?

Thanks for your help!

66 days is very very unusual, i thought i had a long cycle (33 days) any type of irregularity must be attended to. book that gp appointment asap
x

My first period took 81 days to come i didn't worry at this point as i'd been on the pill for 13 years. However when second cycle reached about 50 days i went to the doctors and he referred me to hospital for an ultrasound to check the health of my uterus and ovaries (period arrived week before the appointment - at 56 days long)

i'm now on day 53 and i've had my first positive ovulation test since coming off the pill in March.

we are all different if you are concerned the doctor will appreciate your concerns, and would rather you visit than not - it's also worthwhile your dr knowing that you are trying as well so you have it on record, this make it easier to get referrals etc.

i would get it checked. my cycles were irregular see my thread ''strange cycle'. they worried me because i wouldnt know if i had missed a period or when i was ovulation wasting money on hpt's and opk's. although the docs classed my cycle to be irregular he was happy i was still getting a period each month.

i have now been referred to an infetility clinic ( dont get worried - this is also because of the heavyness and painfulness)

once you have been at least you can eliminate different senarios.

ps if the doctors appear to be brushing you off the first time dont give up keep going back i did thanks to my best mate forcing me and finally got somewhere.

good luck and hope it all goes ok for you.!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great advice feel much more positive now and will call Docs tomorrow!!

My cycles have been as long as 59 days. After 8 months TTC (and only 3 ovulations in that time) i finally got a CD 21 test to check my progesterone levels. My O's have been on CD 19, 21 and 27. My luteal phase between 6-14 days. Despite all this, they still aren't doing anymore bloods on me!! Im getting CD 21 tests for 3 months and then they will do more tests (it will have been 13 months by then) if we are not pregnant yet.

They are right though, it can take upto 12 months to get properly regular after the pill, although i think most are back to normal within 3-6 months. All you can do is go to your GP and discuss it with them. Hopefully they will be more helpful and get things moving for you.

Yeah I've bitten the bullet and got an appointment for Monday so will have to see how it goes!

def go docs hun, mine were the same after bcp and i got referred to fertility clinic and am now on 3rd cycle of clomid!! x

I came off bcp in June too and it took 7 weeks for AF and then 2nd one 40 days later.

GP said that if I didn't get AF after 3 months go back otherwise wait until a year TTC until I go back again! Am gonna see what the next cycle is and then maybe go back anyway if its a long one.

Fingers crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->