Long term Mirena users, period changes?

Courtcourt

Reaction score
I've been very happy with my mirena, it's been in for about 9 months. I spotted, but did not cramp for 2-2.5 months and after that my periods were nothing but a spot of pink on toilet paper. All but gone!! Yesterday a full blown period came on. Not heavy, but the way my periods were before mirena.

Does this happen to you on occasion? I'm going to call the doctor to see if it's normal or if maybe its fallen out, or out of place. I can't go in for another week or two though because of other commitments, so in the meantime I am just curious!

My only other side effect is loss of libido, did yours ever come back?

Mine has been in for about a year and I have just had spotting mostly but the past few days has been a really heavy period with major cramps ! I was wondering if mine was ok so I will watch for answers !! ( Sorry Ive been no help !!)

Willow, I got a call back from my doc and she said its pretty uncommon for it to come loose and very rare for it to come loose without you knowing it. She also said up and down periods were normal, that I may not have a period for 6 months and suddenly have a regular period and as long as it wasnt very heavy, it was fine to wait until pap smear time. May want to give them a call and see if its close to pap time for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->