Longer Cycle- how far along

Jackie26

Reaction score
Hi

:flower:

Im trying to work out how far along I am.... My cycle is 32/33 day. My LMP was 16/11/2015 an. any tips. because I know you ovulate later with longer cycle so its confusing trying to work out roughly how long I am.

My cycles are 35 days and doctors still date my pregnancies my lmp, until scan then it can give or take a couple of days.

With a 28 day cycle is roughly day 14 that you ovulate. So with a 32-33 day cycle you would ovulate roughly days 16-17.
Based on your last cycle I'm guessing you would of roughly ovulated around 1-2nd December. You would be roughly the same gestation as me. I ovulated on the 29th November. Scan today shown I am 8weeks + 6 but baby is measuring 8weeks +1.

Good luck.

I think 18-21 is when you possibly ovulate. Have you done any OPKS or got any ovulation symptoms? My cycles are 34 days and CD20 is my average!

I think on a longer cycle id say ov'ing would occur 18/19/20 maybe..

I think you are about 7 weeks and 6 days and due at the end of August, around the 29th - give or take a few days :).

If you're consistantly 32/33 days, it means you ovulated on day 18/19 (14 days prior to expected period date) so you would have been around 4 weeks on the day of your missed period.

With a 28 day cycle is roughly day 14 that you ovulate. So with a 32-33 day cycle you would ovulate roughly days 16-17.
Based on your last cycle I'm guessing you would of roughly ovulated around 1-2nd December. You would be roughly the same gestation as me. I ovulated on the 29th November. Scan today shown I am 8weeks + 6 but baby is measuring 8weeks +1.

Good luck.

This is so confusing to me... Why does everything I read say this- 14 days after thing? I mean, if the Luteal phase is what determines when you ovulate, and it doesn't change, how could it matter when your period started, or even how long it is?
Someone with a 28 day period cycle, could have a 12 day Luteal, so wouldn't that mean she doesn't ovulate day 14 of her cycle? This is so confusing for someone with an irregular cycle or different Luteal phase isn't it?

What if someone has a 26-27 day cycle, and a 12 day Luteal phase? Then she too would not be ovulating 14 days after the start of her cycle, right?

Sorry if I'm not making sense, it's just so confusing to me. Especially when I'm trying to figure out when I ovulated and conceived right now..it's a freakin mystery I can't figure out!

Unless you charted or opked you can't tell. It depends how long your luteal phase is. The LP is usually 10-16 days, which means it's likely you ovulated between day 14 and 22. As you're unsure they will probably date you from LMP until your scan, then change the date after that if more than a week or so out.

I always have longer cycles 38 days! I was using opks & bbt & know I ovulated cd 26 always have 12 day lp. However docs still date me by LMP until 12 week scan.

Thanks all for the comments... Scan next week so should be able to tell more then :)

To make it easy I always use day of expected period as 4 weeks pregnant no matter the cycle length. Because most periods arrive around 14dpo. then whatever day that falls on you can count each next week as week up. But like others said you will be dated from lmp initially then the ultrasound will give you more specific dates. I think with cycles not 28 days and with literal phases longer/shorter than typical 14days it's way to hard to figure out before dating scan.

Hi

:flower:

Im trying to work out how far along I am.... My cycle is 32/33 day. My LMP was 16/11/2015 an. any tips. because I know you ovulate later with longer cycle so its confusing trying to work out roughly how long I am.

My MD told me that the 2 weeks time between ovulation and expected period is basically the same across all women. (It's the phase prior to ovulation that causes different cycle lengths.) This works out to be true for me and also for other responders here. So subtract 14 from 32/33 to get conception on CD 18 or 19. In other words, Dec 4 or Dec 5.

I also have a longer cycle, 31d. I have just been subtracting 2 weeks back from the conception date like you would for a 28 day cycle. That would make your "count from" date Nov 20. Which would make you 10w6d today! Congrats, hope this helps!

Longer cycle here, too! (Avg 37-39 days, though irregular) If I hadn't tracked or noticed ovulation, I will generally go 14 days back from my expected period. My kids always measure wrong in the early scans, and with the sonographer's dates, they would always be 1-2 weeks early. However, they have both come on the exact due date that I set for them (based on ovulation). Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->