Look what I made!!!!

Sarahdisco

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Ok ladies, forgive the complete boasting of this post but I'm so made up with this!

I went changing bag shopping a while ago and could not find anything I liked (without spending a fortune!).

So, inspired by Great British Sewing Bee, I decided to make one!

935670_10152863123930298_1837301746_n.jpg

13499_10152863124055298_1429168345_n.jpg

968974_10152863124195298_1225317231_n.jpg

13251_10152863124390298_1959051628_n.jpg

Cost about £20 in total, including fabric, fasteners, cotton etc. Its got straps that attach to the pram and the straps "popper" off so you can attach a full length should strap if you want to carry the bag. The blue dotty flap is a wipe clean PVC for mucky clothes etc and there are 2 wipe clean lined pockets on the sides for bottles etc.

Inside, the bag is lined and has 2 pockets (one of which is the correct size for mine or OH's mobiles) and another popper which I have used to attach my house keys so I know where they are! (I've made a keyring to go on my keys that has the other side of the popper on it).

I bought enough of the main fabric to do a matching cosytoes for the pram, just need to get some wadding to quilt it up and then I can get cracking on that too!

Cant wait to get using this now!

Wow that looks great, well done!
I especially love the key poppers idea, that's a clever one for sure, I could do with one of those in my handbag so I don't have to spend ten minutes looking for keys, lol.

Lovely! I have been knitting and am very proud of my accomplishments also, it's nice to make things for the baby that are a little different from shop bought products.

I think someone has a clever mummy!!!

That's amazing... Looks just like one you would buy but with your own needs in mind... I love it!!!

Wow!! Well done you!! It's amazing! So smart and beautifully made! I too have been inspired by the sewing Bee, but on a much smaller scale. I have made some little fabric booties. I dabble in all kinds of things crafty though, and I have recently been busy making stuffed toy animals out of socks! I'm really hoping to get a better sewing machine for my birthday that is coming up, so I can have a go at some bigger projects, although I'm a long way off being able to tackle something as good as your bag!

Hope you don't mind...thought I'd share pics!

Attachments

• 464957_10152781178910243_1759290846_o.jpg
    464957_10152781178910243_1759290846_o.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 477056_10152781167615243_1882563187_o.jpg
    477056_10152781167615243_1882563187_o.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 6
Wow!! Well done you!! It's amazing! So smart and beautifully made! I too have been inspired by the sewing Bee, but on a much smaller scale. I have made some little fabric booties. I dabble in all kinds of things crafty though, and I have recently been busy making stuffed toy animals out of socks! I'm really hoping to get a better sewing machine for my birthday that is coming up, so I can have a go at some bigger projects, although I'm a long way off being able to tackle something as good as your bag!

Hope you don't mind...thought I'd share pics!

Wow there great! I LOVE the rabbit!!! He's so cute!!!

It was a lot simpler than I thought it would be, just a lot of squares and rectangles to put together. OH wants me to make one for him in "guy fabric" - I think polka dots are a bit too girly for him. He also wants a section at the back to be padded so he can put his kindle or iPad in. :)

Tami - I think I need the key poppers on my current handbag! I'm forever losing my keys, stressing out that I cant find them, then finding them at the bottom of my handbag! The pram straps idea I found online but I'm really happy with how well they worked!

Also - super jealous you have a mac!!!!

OMG Sarah...that's fabulous, I'm sooo impressed!!! You should start your own little online sewing business! xxxx

OMG Sarah...that's fabulous, I'm sooo impressed!!! You should start your own little online sewing business! xxxx

OH said I should make them and sell them! Wouldn't have a clue where to start with that though!

OH said I should make them and sell them! Wouldn't have a clue where to start with that though!

I know someone who makes a living selling curtains from home and she does all her business on e-bay. Not sure how all that works myself though x

Wow! Well done girly! Very creative! You could sell those and make yourself some money!

Ok ladies, forgive the complete boasting of this post but I'm so made up with this!

I went changing bag shopping a while ago and could not find anything I liked (without spending a fortune!).

So, inspired by Great British Sewing Bee, I decided to make one!

View attachment 618193

View attachment 618195

View attachment 618197

View attachment 618199

Cost about £20 in total, including fabric, fasteners, cotton etc. Its got straps that attach to the pram and the straps "popper" off so you can attach a full length should strap if you want to carry the bag. The blue dotty flap is a wipe clean PVC for mucky clothes etc and there are 2 wipe clean lined pockets on the sides for bottles etc.

Inside, the bag is lined and has 2 pockets (one of which is the correct size for mine or OH's mobiles) and another popper which I have used to attach my house keys so I know where they are! (I've made a keyring to go on my keys that has the other side of the popper on it).

I bought enough of the main fabric to do a matching cosytoes for the pram, just need to get some wadding to quilt it up and then I can get cracking on that too!

Cant wait to get using this now!

I love it I want to make one for me!!! were did you get the pattern if you do not mind me asking please :thumbup:

Also here is a link to some more baby goodies :) https://tipnut.com/50-free-projects-for-baby/

You ladies are amazing! I still haven't figured out how to thread the bobbin on my sewing machine...

I love it I want to make one for me!!! were did you get the pattern if you do not mind me asking please :thumbup:

The pattern is an amalgamation from these two links:

https://amingledyarn.wordpress.com/gallery/tutorial-hip-mama-diaper-bag/
https://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/09/2-in-1-bag-stroller-bag-into-messenger.html

Plus a bit of extra creativity etc from me for the extra pockets etc.

The make it and love it site is great for patterns and tutorials... there's so much I want to try and make - just waiting for payday now!

The pattern is an amalgamation from these two links:

https://amingledyarn.wordpress.com/gallery/tutorial-hip-mama-diaper-bag/
https://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/09/2-in-1-bag-stroller-bag-into-messenger.html

Plus a bit of extra creativity etc from me for the extra pockets etc.

The make it and love it site is great for patterns and tutorials... there's so much I want to try and make - just waiting for payday now!

Thank you so much :hugs: I will post a picture when I make one for my baby I posted a link above and I want to make a changing mat and little folder for nappies,I have made a simple bag before kinda similar I got the patteren on youtube Debbie Shore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rflExj5ItYE

I am the exact same need to wait for pay day so I can buy some more fabric LOL, I have a pattern for a nursing pillow I want to make one for my self :flower: I will post it here for you if you want

Attachments

• DSCF5119.jpg
    DSCF5119.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCF5120.jpg
    DSCF5120.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1
Thank you so much :hugs: I will post a picture when I make one for my baby I posted a link above and I want to make a changing mat and little folder for nappies,I have made a simple bag before kinda similar I got the patteren on youtube Debbie Shore

I am the exact same need to wait for pay day so I can buy some more fabric LOL, I have a pattern for a nursing pillow I want to make one for my self :flower: I will post it here for you if you want

I love that bag! its so cute!

Yeah if you can post the pattern I'd appreciate it! I have a body pillow for me but its not a nursing type one so I'd like to make one!

My fabric habit is getting a bit expensive these days! I should really be saving money for when I finish work but there's so many things I want to make!

Im just trying to decide whether it would be worth it to buy fabric to do blackout curtains, or whether to just buy blackout curtains! I only want plain ones in cream so I'm not sure if it would be about the same price to just buy a pair!

Thank you so much :hugs: I will post a picture when I make one for my baby I posted a link above and I want to make a changing mat and little folder for nappies,I have made a simple bag before kinda similar I got the patteren on youtube Debbie Shore

I love that bag! its so cute!

Yeah if you can post the pattern I'd appreciate it! I have a body pillow for me but its not a nursing type one so I'd like to make one!

My fabric habit is getting a bit expensive these days! I should really be saving money for when I finish work but there's so many things I want to make!

Im just trying to decide whether it would be worth it to buy fabric to do blackout curtains, or whether to just buy blackout curtains! I only want plain ones in cream so I'm not sure if it would be about the same price to just buy a pair!

Think that depends on the size of the window weather if it is worth it or not, if its is a big window buying ready made blackout lining might work out cheaper, what about a blind! :thumbup:

Make two of each and sell one of each to make your money back :)

Here is the nursing pillow https://sites.google.com/site/sewityourself/

I also have a swaddle blanket https://thelongestyear.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/06/tutorial-easy-peasy-swaddle-sheet.html

Think that depends on the size of the window weather if it is worth it or not, if its is a big window buying ready made blackout lining might work out cheaper, what about a blind! :thumbup:

Make two of each and sell one of each to make your money back :)

Here is the nursing pillow https://sites.google.com/site/sewityourself/

I also have a swaddle blanket https://thelongestyear.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/06/tutorial-easy-peasy-swaddle-sheet.html

Yeah there not big windows, they are 66 x 54 for the babys room and 2 windows at 44 x 54 in our room. From what I can figure out I'm going to need about 3 metres of fabric for each pair of curtains so its looking about £12 for the lining and then another £6-10 for the actual fabric. I've found curtains for about 18 a pair so its a toss up as to what will be cheaper and worth it!

I did consider blackout blinds but the rooms have just been decorated and it looks a bit.. harsh without curtains.

Wow I am soooooo impressed!!!! I wish I had your talent...And patience. I give up easily! I really want to learn sewing and crafts.

I really like all the things each of you have made.

Thanks for sharing.

Wow, looks amazing. I love how it's made to attach to your pram and everything. Did you use a pattern or design it yourself?

I can't sew to save my life (I just know some embroidery) so anyone who can make stuff like this impresses the hell out of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->