Look what i made!

laurajo24

Reaction score
I made my first ever nappy cake! Its for my best friends baby shower. She is having twins, a boy and a girl. I'm proud and I don't care who knows it!

Attachments

• DSCF0927.jpg
    DSCF0927.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 65
That is amazing!

Im very jealous of creative people lol

Looks great! I make diaper cakes too but I am all diapered out, too many baby showers and not enough time.

What is that on the top? Foam/sponges?

That's amazing. I wanted to make one for my sister (wan't due till the end of November but little Sydney is with us already happy and healthy).

Any advice on how to do it?

Looks great! I make diaper cakes too but I am all diapered out, too many baby showers and not enough time.

What is that on the top? Foam/sponges?

It's sponges. Just cheapo ones. I really didn't know where to put them in the end as I bought too much stuff!

That's amazing. I wanted to make one for my sister (wan't due till the end of November but little Sydney is with us already happy and healthy).

Any advice on how to do it?

It's really easy and only takes about 40 mins.

You roll up the nappies and secure with an elastic band. You need about 6 to wrap around something cylindrical like the inside of an old toilet roll (i used a brush and comb set in a cylindrical tube). Then secure them with a larger elastic band. You can add another layer and just secure with a bigger elastic band each time. Then cover the band with ribbon! easy!
The base is just an old chocolate tin covered with nappies lying sideways secured with..... you guessed it - an elastic band!

All the other little touches can be whatever you want them to be. I used teethers, face cloths and booties.

That's fab! My friend made one of these for my sister, they're such a great thoughtful idea! x

aw thats lovely! she will be well chuffed with it

That's fantastic, very creative! :)

That's great, I wanted to make one, but just never got round to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->