Looking for a buddy

PinkDragonfly

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm 29, a student midwife and on cd1 of my 5th cycle TTC my first baby.

I have high prolactin levels (not officially confirmed, but I'm lactating, so it's a pretty fair assumption, I think) and a short luteal phase :( I'm using a clearblue fertility monitor to track ovulation and I have an appointment to see my dr on the 31st.

I know drs usually say to wait a year, but I want to get myself checked out because of the lactating thing, in case it's something more sinister than just wonky hormones.

I would really love to find a buddy or two (or more) to keep me sane!

Good luck with your Dr. What do you mean by lactating exactly? I am on CD13, not the super close to CD1 as you but could be a buddy.

Hi mizzyd :) thanks for replying :)

By lactating, I mean that I'm producing milk (or at least a milk-like substance) from my nipples. Not lots - I can't supply a milk bank for anything, but I can express more easily than some of the women I look after on postnatal ward who have just had babies! So, pretty sure that's not good :(

oh then yea, definitely get that checked. how long has it been going on for?

How long were you on the pill for?

Almost time to visit the Dr. GL with that.

Hi ladies :)

Just an update. I saw my dr and she's sending me for blood tests. First the day21 progesterone test, although I'm going next week because I'm ovulating today (day 20) so having the test tomorrow would be a bit pointless. Then I've got to have another blood test on day 2/3 of my next cycle, although I'm obviously hoping I'll get a bfp instead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->