Looking for a Halloween baby buddy!

hello I'm still here too :dohh:

feeling ok, just tired and big and heavy - same old same old :wacko:

i went through a baking phase a few weeks ago but my appetite has taken a dive this last week or so and i don't fancy any of the stuff i've made. Plus i was trying to get really good at bread to try and save some money but i've got that carpal tunnel syndrome and my wrists and fingers constantly ache and then go numb if they're in any position but staight for any length of time, so kneading bread isn't too easy atm.

Our old beetle is in for his MOT at the mo and i feel really nervous :wacko:

I hope he passes so joseph can come home from hospital in him :happydance:

what have u got in your hospital bag tanni? my bags full yet i still feel like theres loads to pack?! i'm gunna end up taking a suitcase at this rate!! :dohh:

Haha, oh carpal tunnel really sucks, i haven't had it this time thank god. My hospital bag is quite minimalistic lol. I'm planning on being in and out and if i'm not, it's not too far away so OH can bring me stuff. Mine consists of 2 pairs pants, 2 vest tops, pair of joggies, pair of socks, slippers, cardigan, camera, loose change, cd, bikini top (waterbirth not sunbathing), my notes, 4 breastpads, maternity pads and toiletries. Think thats about it. Bubs has got 2 outfits, nappies, wipes, jacket, hat, booties and blanket lol. Do you feel like you're gonna go anytime soon? I did the other day but it's totally worn off again now lol xx

wow that does sound very neat and concise!

i've got about 4x as much baby stuff and i have packed a nightie and pj's for me but other than that, nothing for myself yet!! how the hell have i filled the bag?! :wacko:

been to breast feeding awareness tonight. was good and informative.

I feel really emotional today, well kinda have done all week. Feel like i could be set of by anything and anyone.

my mum has a bad habbit of being prudish and if ur top is a bit low cut or if its riding up round your tummy, she takes it upon herself to tug and pull your clothes in to postition to cover u up. it drives me bonkers on a normal day but she did it today, pulling my top up when i'd only just got out of the car, walked four steps to the house, and as i'm going in, before taking off my shoes, properly saying hello or shutting the front door! :hissy:

she also has digs at me all the time because she is a very private person and she thinks i put everything on face book all the time. I do go on FB a lot, but i'm private too, i don't share everything and i have all my privacy setting set to the strictest i can and even some friends are blocked from certain aspects of my page.
I said one of my friends who my mum knows put on FB that they were expecting at about 5 weeks and my mum said, 'oh well that sounds like you'
errrr,........... i didn't say anything till i was 14 weeks!! thats a bit of a difference!

my nieces and sister where there too and as lovely as my nieces are, they're allowed to talk over adult conversations and aren't told to wait or not interrupt so trying to take a conversation in with baby brain is really hard work and i feel like snapping at them all!

then me and DH just bickered because i thought he spoke to me like shit and he didn't think he did but then thought that I was speaking to him like shit :dohh:
and in the bickering he threw the 'well i'm sorry but i'm tired because i have to go to work and not just sit around all day waiting to be taken out on a night'
:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

he's just apologised for it but i really can't be arsed with talking to him now.

urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Oh god, sounds like we're in the same boat. Me and OH have been dragging out a stupid arguement all day and i've spent most of it in tears. We went to bed last night and i asked him to turn over and give me a cuddle. He said no cos he was tired so i snapped at him that i've had hardly any sleep for months cos of spd, heartburn etc and he said it's alright for me cos i don't have to go to work, i could just go back to bed and do nothing all day and when i pointed out that i'm at college, running the house and bringing up 3 kids he made out like that was my choice and i could just jack it all in and sleep if i wanted to! Then he was cross cos he woke up and i was downstairs cos my hips were really sore and i couldn't sleep (which he knows i do all the time and not just cos we fell out) so i snapped that if he wasn't gonna come near me in bed, did it make a difference if i was downstairs and that i didn't realise i was meant to just lie there on call at which point he blamed my hormones and said i was being dramatic and now it's just got ridiculous. I've said i'll never ask him for a hug again, he's said he'll just stop speaking cos it's easier!!!!!! I think we're both going mad and now i'm petrified i go into labour and the fact that we're like this makes the whole thing horrible!!!! lol. Sorry to rant but at least you can see it's not just you :) big hugs xxxxxx

wow we really are!

there are so many bits of that situation that we go through - it must be some sort of standard template for arguments!
i had to laugh at the 'i'll just stop speaking coz its easier' because my DH says the EXACT same line!! GOONS!!!

hugs to u hun xxx hope u make friends soon :p xxxx
If they are aware that our hormones are running amok then why don't they do more to a) avoid setting us off and b) think to themselves well i'll just apologise and be nice because shes having a hard time?????!

Instead they seem to piss us off, then when we rise to it, they say 'your just hormonal' - WHY PISS ME OFF THEN???! GRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh i agree totally. Then when you're arguing instead of just trying to back down and difuse the situation they turn round like my OH did yesterday and say " I know you're hormonal but this takes the p*ss" then we hit the roof lol. Anyway, he came home from work last night and didn't go to the gym but took me to asda and we got summit nice for dinner (which i stilll had to cook haha) and we chilled on the sofa and just talked. He actually even apologised for being insensitive and said he didn't mean to sound like i was lazy, he just gets cross and worried that i don't relax enough! I'm deffo feeling less hormonal today thankfully. Still wish the baby would hurry up though. How are you feeling now hun? It's really nice to have someone to talk to that's just as up and down as me lol and understands :) xxx

Hellooooo???????? You're making me nervous, have you gone? lol I was told to try drinking cinnamon tea as apparently it can help induce labour and is even used by doctors so i had 2 cups last night before bed and was awake all night with BH's and stabbing pain in my cervix but it's worn off again this morning so i don't know if it was coincidence or not. I'm having another few cups now so i'll keep you posted. xxx

hello!!!! i'm here with NO signs of impending labour!! :wacko:

glad u sorted things out with OH - i did too:thumbup:

And last night i managed a bit more sleep in bed so i feel a bit better today too. Still feel like anything could make me cry but i guess thats normal! i don't feel upset in myself, just when i see something slightly emotional then it makes my eyes leak!

cinnamon tea eh?? where do u get that from??

Joseph is being really active that last couple of days - i thought they were meant to quieten down?! lol xx

Mine goes through phases of being quiet for a few days then going nuts lol. You just buy cinnamon sticks and boil 2 for about 5 mins then add honey to taste. It definately seems to be making my BH's start so i'm gonna stick with it lol. xx

hmm, i'll have to get some cinnamon sticks then and give it a whirl! DH is hoping he doesn't have to go to work on monday!! lol

yeh my OH is driving me crazy moaning on about being sick now. You'd think he was the one that was pregnant honestly lol xx

Wonder how cakey and cassidy are getting on?

ooh i know, i hope they're both at home thriving now! Still can't quite get my head around the thought that i'll actually have my baby soon lol. I was up all night again with stabbing pains in the top of my cervix and at night now i start to feel so heavy i can barely walk. When i wiped myself yesterday, there was the slightest pinky tinge on the toilet roll all day (sorry tmi i know) so i'm hoping it won't be long. My kids go back to school on tues and i go back to college on wed and i'm really dreading having to go with a bump cos i think i'll burst into tears as soon as someone points out that i'm "still here". Due to have a sweep on wed and it would be so nice to go before then. My O/H has his kids all day today so he's praying i don't go now. How are you feeling today? xx

Hello! Just letting you know that I gave birth to joseph in the early hours of this morning after my waters broke early hours of sat morning!
They induced me as I had a little bit of meconium in my waters.

We're both doing well and will update in detail when we get home which will hopefully be 2moro! Hope ur ok Xx

Awwww congratulations hun, i'm soooo happy for you and can't wait to see pics of yer lil boy. Glad you're both ok. Thanks for letting me know. I'm still here :( I've got one more day before i lose my bet so i'm praying i go before then lol xxx

well, here i am, ten days in to being a mummy :thumbup:

LOVING IT!!! :happydance:

Joseph is doing well - he was born on sunday 30th October at 02.43am and weighed 8lb 13oz - little chunk! lol

i think i might start a parenting journal as a link from my pregnancy journal - hope to still hear from u guys - and really looking forward to hearing your birth stories and hearing how ur LO's are getting on.

Tanni - i really hope u have had your LO by now?!

thanks for being great company on the journey to motherhood - its been so nice to have other people at the same stage as me to ask questions to. :hugs:

hope to hear off u both soon xx

hey ladies! missing your updates- i notice you have a new pic there tanni so i'm guessing little man is here! congrats!!! :thumbup:

miss u cakey - hope cassidy is better

hope to hear off u both soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back