Looking For A Weight Loss Buddy Who Has PCOS?

Emmyxxlou

Reaction score
I know I cant be too picky but it would be so nice to have someone who has PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian syndrome) who is also trying to lose weight to have a baby :))
Anyone up for it ? Come be my buddy!! hehe:hugs:

Me!!!! If you private message me your email address, we can chat properly (I don't come on here very often but I'm constantly checking my personal emails!!) I've only recently been diagnosed with pcos but it's a long story which I would love to fill you in on if you like? Xxx

Im back on my diet today after being diagnosed with PCOS last month.

Im doing Slimming World as its basic healthy eating. My doctor has given me 6 months to lose weight before they will issue meds to help ovulate etc

I have PCOS and am trying to lose weight. i'm about 218 and want to get down to 140.. 78 lbs....long road, i've never dieted... i wanna do something thats easy i'm lazy when it comes to food....its where i need the most help... what are you doing for diet / exercise?

for all you ladies, I just want you know, if you have PCOS(which I do, too!), and are trying to lose weight because you are TTC, I am proof that it IS possible! I lost 50lbs before my LO, and I almost immediately got pregnant! So KEEP AT IT!! Its works!! :thumbup:

I have pcos am tryin to lose weight, I'm 195lbs n ned to drop 70lbs I'm only 4"11.
@lissa how long did it take u to lose the 50lbs n what did u do?

:hi: people

Katie - in hoping to get to the gym on a Friday night and once at weekends. GO for an hour walk at weekends with Lo and do exercise DVD twice a week - if I even achieve half of that at the beginning I'll be happy.

I want to lose another 71lbs so it will be a slow road

So what are all your plans for this week ?

I have pcos am tryin to lose weight, I'm 195lbs n ned to drop 70lbs I'm only 4"11.
@lissa how long did it take u to lose the 50lbs n what did u do?

I would say it took me about 8/9 months to lose the 50lb,and I did it on weight watchers and working out about 3-4 days a week, and LOTS of water!

I know I cant be too picky but it would be so nice to have someone who has PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian syndrome) who is also trying to lose weight to have a baby :))
Anyone up for it ? Come be my buddy!! hehe:hugs:

I was just diagnosed today...and of course Dr recommends losing weight to help with ttc...so...COUNT ME IN!:hugs:

Im back on my diet today after being diagnosed with PCOS last month.

Im doing Slimming World as its basic healthy eating. My doctor has given me 6 months to lose weight before they will issue meds to help ovulate etc

Same here...except I actually did ovulate last month he told me. So now I have to go in on CD 21 for the next 3 months to get progesterone levels tested to see if I am ovulating more often than not and then he said they will take it from there.](*,)

I've been looking into WW. i have a few friends that are doing it..some religiously.. some not haha. Is there good recipies that even my husband will like? i don't want to cook 2 separate meals! is there a website with free recipies?

Well i'm into Just Dance wii games right now lol....so i'm doin that every other day for 30min or longer and walking in between...tomorrow i'm looking into a gym..yikes

I found WW really good as no food is banned its just all in moderation.

The new system means the majority of fruit and veg are zero pro points so you can eat what you want. Have you looked at their website for recipes?

I have PCOS and am trying to lose weight. i'm about 218 and want to get down to 140.. 78 lbs....long road, i've never dieted... i wanna do something thats easy i'm lazy when it comes to food....its where i need the most help... what are you doing for diet / exercise?

For exorcise I am just cutting out all the crappy foods and having them as a treat like maybe once a month. and eating in smaller amounts . I am also doing the Zumba fitness DVDS which are so great, I love them. I do them 6 days a week

And OMG! I love just dance!! Its so fun ahah

After this cycle, I have to take a break from TTC w/meds, so I am going to start trying to lose weight also. I need to lose about 50 lbs.. :-O So yeah, lots to do!

Everyone should say type a lil paragraph about themselves. Name, age, what area you're from, married/boyfriend, how much you want to lose, what for (TTC, self, etc) any kids, pets, etc. :)

Is it worth paying the money to do the online WW?

@ Blondie

Everyone should say type a lil paragraph about themselves. Name, age, what area you're from, married/boyfriend, how much you want to lose, what for (TTC, self, etc) any kids, pets, etc.

My name is katie, i'm 25, married he's 24, i want to lose like 70, TTC and self, no kids, one kitty...hmm.....i'm a hairstylist, my husband is a contract analyst..we are from iowa (usa) and just moved to illinois (usa)

After this cycle, I have to take a break from TTC w/meds, so I am going to start trying to lose weight also. I need to lose about 50 lbs.. :-O So yeah, lots to do!

Everyone should say type a lil paragraph about themselves. Name, age, what area you're from, married/boyfriend, how much you want to lose, what for (TTC, self, etc) any kids, pets, etc. :)

Okay well.
I am Emma, I live in Australia, I am 18 years old. I have been in a committed relationship with my boyfriend Dan (22)for 2 years now. I was diagnosed with PCOS in May last year. I want to lose about 30-35kg . I dont mind how long it takes and i dont mind if I dont reach that goal before I get pregnant because its the whole reason for me losing weight LOL. Some might say that I am too young to have children BUT age is only a number and the door for me to have kids will close quickly.
I have a cat named Jaz and 2 rats named Abigail and Tabitha.

Im Emma 33, dh 38, have one toddler son. Diagnosed with PCOS last month after years of having irregular cycles as a teenager. Want to lose another 70ish lbs for TTC #2 and for myself.

For me,
My name is Codi, I'll be 25 next month, my husband is 30. I was diagnosed with PCOS at 17 after having very irregular cycles. I have been TTC for 4.5 years now, and when I got pregnant back on 08, I was 30 lbs lighter. My RE says it shouldn't make a difference, but I know that it doesn't hurt to try to lose weight and see if that helps me conceive. I need to lose about 50 lbs to be at a weight I believe is healthy for me and my figure. I have 2 Chihuahuas that are my babies and they mean the world to me!

Naww chihuahuas !! I love them!! hehe.
I hope it all goes well for you Blondie87.
I like that you are still trying after 4.5 years, you havent given up :)

Can I join, I have PCOS and weight 238. I'm TTC #1. I lost 60 pounds before (when I was single) as I use to run the mountains and do lots of cardio, then met my husband, and bamn, gained them all back. I miss my body!! :( I use to have my periods every 28 days and now, they are all over the place. I need motivation :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->