Looking for advice on icis please x

ElmoBumpToBe

Reaction score
I hope I have the right term, i believe this is what we may need as hubby has 100% antibodies after his vasectomy reversal. All other figures and good if not very good but the antubodies seem to be preventing conception. I really just need to get an idea of the full costs involved so that we can discuss wether or not it is even an option for us. Thank you. I am in the UK by the way x

So I just had a look at one site and it seems including drugs it could be somewhere around £6000 does that sound around the right mark? X

You might mean ICSI? Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection?

The same as IVF but they inject the sperm into the egg.

We're having our 4th fresh cycle now. It depends a lot on where you go and what extras you have (like Endometrial scratch, embryo glue etc) which are optional but cost more.

But yes, you're looking at about £6k, we normally allow £8k per cycle all in, that's including all the consult visits, all the blood tests they do, all the scans etc and all the additional options.

I hope I have the right term, i believe this is what we may need as hubby has 100% antibodies after his vasectomy reversal. All other figures and good if not very good but the antubodies seem to be preventing conception. I really just need to get an idea of the full costs involved so that we can discuss wether or not it is even an option for us. Thank you. I am in the UK by the way x

Hey Elmo, we need icsi have you looked into egg donation for reduced procedure costs? Thats what we are hoping to do.

Thank you yes that is what I meant Beth!

Hello pookie somebody did mention egg sharing to me, by how much roughly does this reduce the cost? I mentioned the 6k mark to hubby yesterday and he said it was absolutely out of the question. It's difficult we are so bless to have three children and I'm completely aware that I should just be grateful for all that we have and I am but it doesn't stop me longing for another xx

Hi Elmo

We have just started our first icsi after vr back in 2011. We are in Edinburgh and self funding through nhs. Our total cost, all in, was £4688. Although vr was thought to be unsuccessful we did manage to get enough sperm frozen from DH sample so we've not had to pay for DH to have this surgically removed.

Hope it all goes well for you

CMo hi I have only just seen this! I see it was successful what a huge congratulations! You as well bethk!

Our surgeon told us hubby's reversal was a huge success and his SA results seemed fantastic but he didn't tell us that he has 100% antibodies and so far 9 months on no pregnancy xx

Can anyone recomend somewhere near West Yorkshire for egg sharing in order to receive Icsi and only have to pay for tests and drugs? Any help greatly appreciated thank you! X

At Bristol self funding we was told a max of around 7k inc drugs . :)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->