looking for august 2012 buddies!

Thankyou :)
Ah is that why you have to go Broomfield not St Peters? Have you tried talking to them about a water birth? They have the new Labour Ward now, it only opened like last year so it's really nice and modern and clean! The birthing pool is huge as well. When I was in last weekend all the midwives were so accomodating, even though they were busy, I was never left on my own for too long, and as soon as I buzzed, they were there. They never rushed me, or pressured me, or made me feel like a nuisance (which I probably was!)

yeah :) and no i havent, im quite shy :( and is it? good :D i heard so many horror stories about it being unclean and unhelpful etc, but i feel better about it now! :) and i dont think that anyone would have said you were a nuisance! but at least i know im going somewhere safe and nice now :happydance: x

I'd just ask at your next appointment if you can have one, you never know what they'll say. They might even let you labour in the pool and get out to actually push. But yeah, it's lovely :) Did you go to Plume btw? x

yeah i think i wi ll ask, there is no harm in that is there? :)
and yeah i did :haha: wasnt the best school in the world, but hey ho :D xx

It's worth just finding out your options so you know for when you get there! I've packed our pool stuff and just have to wait and see if it's free! I'm hoping for a water birth just on gas and air, possibly diamorphine if I can't cope. I really don't want an epidural but I'm not ruling it out completely, I'd rather have one than not be able to cope! And I'd like to avoid pethidine because it makes baby sleepy, and I'd rather him be nice and alert while I'm establishing feeding! Are you breast or bottle feeding?
Ah I had a few netball tournaments there :) I went to Tabor in Braintree. My neice is in year10 at Plume, and my nephew left a couple of years ago x

yeah i will deffo ask! :) and i have to be careful with drugs as i have a heart murmur! i was suppost to go see an anethesist, but i missed the appt! so i will have to ask the midwives about that aswell! and im breast feeding :) well, im deffinatly going to try1 :D what about you? and did you? i didnt do much sport :blush: and really? what are their names? i might know them xx

Ah is that why you have to go Broomfield not St Peters? Have you tried talking to them about a water birth? They have the new Labour Ward now, it only opened like last year so it's really nice and modern and clean! The birthing pool is huge as well. When I was in last weekend all the midwives were so accomodating, even though they were busy, I was never left on my own for too long, and as soon as I buzzed, they were there. They never rushed me, or pressured me, or made me feel like a nuisance (which I probably was!)

yeah :) and no i havent, im quite shy :( and is it? good :D i heard so many horror stories about it being unclean and unhelpful etc, but i feel better about it now! :) and i dont think that anyone would have said you were a nuisance! but at least i know im going somewhere safe and nice now :happydance: x

I'd just ask at your next appointment if you can have one, you never know what they'll say. They might even let you labour in the pool and get out to actually push. But yeah, it's lovely :) Did you go to Plume btw? x

It's worth just finding out your options so you know for when you get there! I've packed our pool stuff and just have to wait and see if it's free! I'm hoping for a water birth just on gas and air, possibly diamorphine if I can't cope. I really don't want an epidural but I'm not ruling it out completely, I'd rather have one than not be able to cope! And I'd like to avoid pethidine because it makes baby sleepy, and I'd rather him be nice and alert while I'm establishing feeding! Are you breast or bottle feeding?
Ah I had a few netball tournaments there :) I went to Tabor in Braintree. My neice is in year10 at Plume, and my nephew left a couple of years ago x

yeah i will deffo ask! :) and i have to be careful with drugs as i have a heart murmur! i was suppost to go see an anethesist, but i missed the appt! so i will have to ask the midwives about that aswell! and im breast feeding :) well, im deffinatly going to try1 :D what about you? and did you? i didnt do much sport :blush: and really? what are their names? i might know them xx

Yeah, I'd talk to them! Lol. I'm still in loads of pain this morning so may end up with OH taking me to L&D again :( I'm hoping to breastfeed too. My mum couldn't hack it with us, so I'm really hoping I last! I've already bought a pump so if I can't BF I can express :) They're Josh and Emmie Bolding xx

Yeah, I'd talk to them! Lol. I'm still in loads of pain this morning so may end up with OH taking me to L&D again :( I'm hoping to breastfeed too. My mum couldn't hack it with us, so I'm really hoping I last! I've already bought a pump so if I can't BF I can express :) They're Josh and Emmie Bolding xx

yeah i will lol :D and oh no :( well, i hope things get better for you!! i hope he is happy and healthy! my friend had her baby 4weeks early and he was 7lb 8 so hopefully you and LO will be ok! [-o< :D and it was the same with my mum, she couldnt hack it with us, she didnt leak or anything, but luckily i have so im hopefully ill have a better time of it than her! and i will get a pump nearer the time i think, i havent got any bottles or pumps or anything yet! and no, i dont know them xx

I've had the steroids for his lungs already, so if I go early at least that's a bit of a relief, I'd rather him have trouble feeding or with his temperature than his breathing. Obviously I'd rather him be okay full stop, but that doesn't always happen!
I've leaked for ages now, had to wear breast pads for months! I just got a Tommee Tippee manual pump. It was only £19.99 and came with a bottle, so I don't really need anything else as I'm hoping not to pump very often at all! Have you got the rest of his stuff? x

yeah thats good! and yeah i would rather have that then breathing problems! but ive got a feeling im going to go over anyway...
i think all will be ok for your little boy :) :flower:
and was that it!? where did you get that from?? and yeah i have everything else! i have too much actually! lol :dohh:
have you got all your LO's stuff?? and what have you packed in your hospital bag?? i have no idea all ive got is toiletries! xx

Um, Mothercare. I bought it with his car seat etc and they had 20% orders over £100 so it only ended up costing me like £15. Yeah we have everything. Our crib and baby bath are at SILs so just waiting for her to drop them round, but we have everything else :)
My hospital bag has;
Cheap knickers, shampoo, conditioner, cocoa butter, shower gel, toothbrushes (one for Dave), towel, swimming costume, breast pads, maternity pads, 2 strappy vest tops, shorts, joggers, 2 of Dave's tshirts for labour, flannel, sponge, socks, and I'm going to add snacks and drinks, deodorant, toothpaste, makeup bag, straighteners and a change of clothes to come home in. I think that's it! I'll have a proper look later and PM you a list if you like? And then Julian's bag is packed separately and I'm gonna chuck in some spare clothes etc for Dave incase we're in a while or he gets mucky.
What pram do you have? xx

Um, Mothercare. I bought it with his car seat etc and they had 20% orders over £100 so it only ended up costing me like £15. Yeah we have everything. Our crib and baby bath are at SILs so just waiting for her to drop them round, but we have everything else :)
My hospital bag has;
Cheap knickers, shampoo, conditioner, cocoa butter, shower gel, toothbrushes (one for Dave), towel, swimming costume, breast pads, maternity pads, 2 strappy vest tops, shorts, joggers, 2 of Dave's tshirts for labour, flannel, sponge, socks, and I'm going to add snacks and drinks, deodorant, toothpaste, makeup bag, straighteners and a change of clothes to come home in. I think that's it! I'll have a proper look later and PM you a list if you like? And then Julian's bag is packed separately and I'm gonna chuck in some spare clothes etc for Dave incase we're in a while or he gets mucky.
What pram do you have? xx

ohh i will have to have a look! :)
and i really wanna get a baby bath... but havent got the money atm, although mum said its not an urgent need, so im not to worried! and yeah that would be good! thankyou :flower:
and i got given my pram, its a mam and papas one, but not sure exactly which one! it says pilko pramette on the side :shrug:
xx

We have a walk-in shower so kinda needed the baby bath. I wouldn't say it's essential if you already have a bath though! And you could always just get a baby support for the bath, they're quite cheap and last longer aswell.
Ah okay :) We got ours on Ebay. I wanted the Quinny Buzz 3, and they're over £400 new, and I really don't see the point in paying that much when I could get it for like £100 on there. And I have a carrier that I want to use instead quite often anyway. x

We have a walk-in shower so kinda needed the baby bath. I wouldn't say it's essential if you already have a bath though! And you could always just get a baby support for the bath, they're quite cheap and last longer aswell.
Ah okay :) We got ours on Ebay. I wanted the Quinny Buzz 3, and they're over £400 new, and I really don't see the point in paying that much when I could get it for like £100 on there. And I have a carrier that I want to use instead quite often anyway. x

yeah i could do :) i will see how things go, i know theres a lovely baby bath set in mothercare for about 25quid, so i might invest in that if it comes to it! im quite nervous about bathing you see :wacko:
and ahh thats a really nice pram! (just had a look on google) what colour?
i added a couple pics of my pram :D
i was lucky, as the woman who gave it to me (friend of my mums) spent 450 on it and barely used it! (she only has one and her LO wasnt in it for long at all!) :thumbup:
xx

Attachments

• DSCN0331 edit.jpg
    DSCN0331 edit.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0330 edit.jpg
    DSCN0330 edit.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, I think I'm going to put the bath on the floor for a while so I can sit down but still actually have control, and I can put his towel on the floor so I don't have far to move him!
I have the black one, it's a bit more charcoal-y than proper black though. I liked the red one, but I'm really fussy about things coordinating and I knew he'd have blue blankets lol. Your pram's really nice! Look so comfy! The woman I bought mine off said she used it for just over a year, but to be honest, you'd never actually know, it's in such good condition. xx

Yeah, I think I'm going to put the bath on the floor for a while so I can sit down but still actually have control, and I can put his towel on the floor so I don't have far to move him!
I have the black one, it's a bit more charcoal-y than proper black though. I liked the red one, but I'm really fussy about things coordinating and I knew he'd have blue blankets lol. Your pram's really nice! Look so comfy! The woman I bought mine off said she used it for just over a year, but to be honest, you'd never actually know, it's in such good condition. xx

yeah thats a really good idea actually!! :D
and yeah, i would have gone for black to, just to be on the safe side. i got offered a green one, which MIL insists i have it! so i have two now, but didnt really want the green one because i have no idea what it looks like or where im going to put it! MIL insists on keeping it at her house, so i might just let her (she is very MIL like, if you know what i mean lol) and thats the same with my one, you cant really tell its a used pram, the wheels are still working very well which is a plus!! :D and thankyou :D xx

Yeah I know what you mean.
You could probably order a cheap baby bath from IKEA or something if you wanted one just in case :) tbh, when we move I'm probably just going to have him in the bath with me or Dave, like one of us get in and the other passes the baby in/out. I think it'll be nice for baby/daddy bonding, especially as I'm breastfeeding, so it'll be nice for them to have time together as well!
Do you live with your OH? x

Yeah I know what you mean.
You could probably order a cheap baby bath from IKEA or something if you wanted one just in case :) tbh, when we move I'm probably just going to have him in the bath with me or Dave, like one of us get in and the other passes the baby in/out. I think it'll be nice for baby/daddy bonding, especially as I'm breastfeeding, so it'll be nice for them to have time together as well!
Do you live with your OH? x

yeah, i will have a look. but thats a nice idea actually, because breastfeeding is all mummy really! lol :haha: i was talking to my mum earlier, and she said her best bonding time with us was in the bath :D so i might just do that, i will make up my mind eventually! lol :lol:
and no, but i do stay at his a lot. but im at home with mum atm. i couldnt live MIL. she can be ok... but, ive tried living there when i wasnt getting on with my mum. and could not hack it! :nope:
xx

lol. i'm quite lucky really, we lived with OH's dad and step mum between leaving our old flat and getting this one, and they're really nice so it worked pretty well :) is he your age? are you planning on getting your own place? x

lol. i'm quite lucky really, we lived with OH's dad and step mum between leaving our old flat and getting this one, and they're really nice so it worked pretty well :) is he your age? are you planning on getting your own place? x

ahh lucky you! yeah, i do plan on getting a place, but its gonna be tough as housing benefits are getting cut and messed about with :growlmad: and i dont want to live in maldon anymore, i wanted to move to chelmo but their council places are on the all time low, so i think it may take a while. and no, he's 20. but i dont mind it at my mums, and OH said he will stay with me at my mums as much as he can, so that will be nice, hopefully! :) i just worry about MIL a lot. she keeps insisting that the only way we will get a place is if her, OH's dad, OH, me and baby all move into a council house together somewhere (they already live in council property, so would be easy for them to get a house swap or something) but i couldnt cope with that! plus im soo independent, i need a place of my own! just me baby and OH. but things will work themsleves out, it will just take time :) (sorry for the small rant, but she gets on my nerves sometimes) xx

ahh lucky you! yeah, i do plan on getting a place, but its gonna be tough as housing benefits are getting cut and messed about with :growlmad: and i dont want to live in maldon anymore, i wanted to move to chelmo but their council places are on the all time low, so i think it may take a while. and no, he's 20. but i dont mind it at my mums, and OH said he will stay with me at my mums as much as he can, so that will be nice, hopefully! :) i just worry about MIL a lot. she keeps insisting that the only way we will get a place is if her, OH's dad, OH, me and baby all move into a council house together somewhere (they already live in council property, so would be easy for them to get a house swap or something) but i couldnt cope with that! plus im soo independent, i need a place of my own! just me baby and OH. but things will work themsleves out, it will just take time :) (sorry for the small rant, but she gets on my nerves sometimes) xx

Mmmm, you'd easily get priority with baby, but as you say, there's no availability! We private rent, but it's expensive, being in Chelmsford. It'll be nice for OH to stay with you, especially the first few weeks when you're still exhausted from labour! Is he getting paternity leave? Dave's taking 2 weeks plus some holiday so we should have close to a month to get used to having Julian around before he has to go back x

Mmmm, you'd easily get priority with baby, but as you say, there's no availability! We private rent, but it's expensive, being in Chelmsford. It'll be nice for OH to stay with you, especially the first few weeks when you're still exhausted from labour! Is he getting paternity leave? Dave's taking 2 weeks plus some holiday so we should have close to a month to get used to having Julian around before he has to go back x

yeah i was thinking about that, mum said private rent is probably what we will end up having to do, but they are making cuts to housing benefits, and there is no way we could afford private rent with out housing benefit! and yeah, it will be nice. he said he is. i think he has spoken to work about it as well. hopefully we will have a good amount of time with LO before brad (OH) has to go back to work. they are quite understanding at his work, so hopefully he will be alright and everything will go smoothly :) but i cant stay in maldon. to many bad memories and ive lived here all my life, so would love to get away!
im really sorry but i am knackered, so im off to sleep now :sleep: night! hope the pains dont keep you up all night :( :hugs: :hugs: xx

We finally got our Housing benefit response through this morning, they're actually giving us £52 a week! Wish we'd known when we moved in a year ago!:dohh: And 95p a week council tax benefit :| Which I don't think we'll even bother going ahead with! Lol!
I didn't sleep AT ALL last night, it was horrible! I was so uncomfortable and achey and sore and restless and hot :( , I got up and had a shower at like 2am :huh: How are you? Have you heard of the parent and baby cinema thing? I just read about it on teen parenting. It's basically normal cinema but they have it brighter and quieter and you can take babies in for free and not have to worry about them making noise, because it's full of other babies anyway :) They do it at the Odeon in town. I wanna go when J's a few weeks old, it'll be nice to feel a bit normal again!

We finally got our Housing benefit response through this morning, they're actually giving us £52 a week! Wish we'd known when we moved in a year ago!:dohh: And 95p a week council tax benefit :| Which I don't think we'll even bother going ahead with! Lol!
I didn't sleep AT ALL last night, it was horrible! I was so uncomfortable and achey and sore and restless and hot :( , I got up and had a shower at like 2am :huh: How are you? Have you heard of the parent and baby cinema thing? I just read about it on teen parenting. It's basically normal cinema but they have it brighter and quieter and you can take babies in for free and not have to worry about them making noise, because it's full of other babies anyway :) They do it at the Odeon in town. I wanna go when J's a few weeks old, it'll be nice to feel a bit normal again!

wow thats good :D and yeah, but they dont like telling you things if they can avoid it... and 95p? mmm, i dont know. they say it all adds up, but i think is it worth the hassle?
oh dear :( i really feel for you atm! i do get awful leg cramps and have to get up a lot for the wee, but i had a good nights sleep and didnt wake up properly till half 11! looks like i needed that! :lol:
and no i havent, sounds good though! deffinatly would love to go to that! and yes i agree, i have been so lonely and cooped up recently. especially with my OH away :( xx

yeah, i'd rather be 95p a week worse off than fill out more forms! lol.
i looked online, they're showing spider man on wednesday for the baby cinema. not my kinda thing but at least they're showing half decent films for it!
ah where's your OH? I can't wait for J to be here, i'm gonna take him everywhere! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->