• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for Bump Buddies! (due Early-Mid February 2013)

Premomt

Him and Me +1 makes 3!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies! :wave:
I'm aprox. 5-6 weeks along now, and Looking for a few friends to share the journey with :thumbup:
I've had alot of fun with my TTC buddies previously, and would love to have some of you to cheer along and complain to as we progress through the 9 month stretch.

As we get a few members we can choose a team name, and share our EDD, gender findings, birth plans etc etc etc...

looking forward to meeting you!

:wave: Oo.. I'm just 2 days behind ya~ Happy Sweet Pea week!

EDD Feb 2nd~! :dance:

Hey ladies can i join? I am due February 14th..
i went to my scan yesterday - and nothing. so i was really sad, my doctor told me it was fine, i thought i was 5w2d, then realized i ovulated on cd20 (used opks and charting) which means i am actually 4w5d. Hopefully that explains why we didn't see anything.. he said not to worry but i can't help it. Got my beta levels checked again - impatiently waiting for those results.. at 11dpo my beta was 52. yesterday was 18dpo so hoping it will be a nice big number to put my mind at ease.

:wave: Hi Ich~ & Poppy-seed valentine baby!!!

When will you get the result back?

i think tomorrow, i called today and they said they aren't back and that she will put a note on her desk and call me as soon as she gets them which in other words means "stop calling" lol

Howdy!

The more the merrier:flower:

I'm sorry you didn't seem much lch. Fx for good #s!
Lxb, nice to meet you!

What are your stories ladies? How long FTC, married, any other lo's?

LCH- Have you gotten any results back from the drs?

anyone else wanna join in our group?

hey!
sorry have not been on all day..

well my beta is 2000 yay!! :happydance:

but my progesterone is border line low =[ so i am starting supplements today

Hello! I'm due Feb 3 :) Would love to join some ladies going through the same things!

Hi! I'm expecting my first with edd of Feb 8. I'd love to join the group! I'm 35, married, with 2 furry girls. Looking forward to getting to know ladies in this group and sharing our experiences!

Hi! Premomt, you posted on one of my threads and asked me if I wanted to join, so here I am!

I am 22... in a long-term relationship, but not married. :happydance: My due date is Feb 7th. I just had a scan done on friday and I saw the heartbeat already... omg, it was beautiful. I was so worried before but now I feel a little better.

I'm still so hesitant so I definitely not telling anyone. The only people who know are my grandparents (they raised me) and of course, OH. I'm not sure if I should wait til 12 weeks but it's getting harder! I am so tired and feel blah all the time so the family has been noticing that change I think. I don't want people to think I am just sick or cranky all the time, lol.

When is everyone else "going public" with it? :)

Hi laides! Welcome :flower:

Butterfly~ I'm stoked you got to see the heartbeat! what a weight lifted off your shoulders...

I'm anxiously waiting for my next scan in 5 days. FX I will get to see the hb and figure out a EDD!

For those of y'all who don't know me or haven't read my novel of a journal yet~
I just turned 30 in april and got my :bfp: in may. DH and I will celebrate our 5 yr anniversary this July, and we have raised 2 pups and a cat so far :winkwink:
I've suffered through many early miscarriages, and one EP on my ovary, but still have all my parts and a lot of faith in this little dot inside me :cloud9:

Glad to meet you all!

so really beyond the occasional nausea that hits me randomly throughout the day, the fact that i've outgrown my B cup bras, and that my pants aren't comfortable buttoned- I feel great! Oh and this dang spotting that has not subsided since my first innital dr exam.:dohh:
The daily nausea is really the only thing keeping me aware that I have a dot growing inside me. Other than that I might just think I'm getting fat and out of shape!:blush:

Is anyone else's face breaking out with a vengeance? My skin has gotten so oily and I have loads of pimples :growlmad: I feel like a teenager again...

Well I'm off to hit up some of The local second hand baby stores to see if I can find some belly bands so I can continue to wear my normal clothes without them falling off me cuz I cant zip the zipper...:blush:

Ta ladies!

premont - 5 days!!!! So exciting!!! 9 more days for me! Hoping to see the little bean and hear the little heartbeats!

butterfly - planning to tell immediate family after the first scan at 8 weeks if everything is okay! Planned dinner with family on June 27th (scan is at 4:50pm).. so hopefully things will be okay and will have a happy dinner~~ But for closer friends... it will be after the first trimester. And everyone else after that~ (Definitely no FB announcement!!)

I was thinking along the same lines. =) 8 weeks for family, 12 for close friends, and everyone else... not sure yet! Maybe I'll post a FB pic when I find out gender at 20ish weeks, lol. I have a lot of friends/distant family on there that I don't get to talk to often.

My skin has strangely gotten better in some ways. I used to get cystic acne, but I haven't had any since! But I have been getting quite a few little spots that are really annoying on my cheeks and under my chin! I also think I've gotten extra furry already, especially my belly.. and lot of weird stray hairs on my chin.. lol. So awful.

And I already get bloating so bad some days my pants feel so tight! The increase in bra size is nice though. :D I've been wearing sports bras mainly because I don't want to spend a lot on maternity bras til I know how big I'm going to be...

I never thought I'd have so many symptoms at only 6 and a half weeks!

But it's all worth it. =) I don't care if I end up looking like Santa with a big belly and a full beard, as long as LO is healthy.

:xmas6::xmas6:

:haha:

Ah.. the lovely bloating! Which is why I wear skirts most days now! and pants when I don't feel so bloated~~ my bra is feeling a little snug too~

Boy do I know the feeling... I'm usually a small c full b cup and lately I've not been able to keep em wrangled in their holder! :haha: :holly::holly:

So today I went on a whim to target to check out their maternity section, and to my surprise I found belly bands! Rather they are called Beband by Bematernity. They are stretchy Lycra material bands that can be worn from now through postpartum to 1. Keep my unfastened pre pregnancy pants up. 2. Keep loose fitting maternity pants up. 3. Protect from low rise pants or too short tops showing butt crack :blush: or belly.

I've heard of them before, and knew I'd want them, but never knew how much until now! There are a few different brands that make them, so some may be cheaper than others..

I also was in desperate need of a new bra or two as I also have been living in sports bras for the last few weeks...
So I tried a few on, and found two that were suitable. Then when I came home I went to my best friends house to chat with her and she had a bag full of 5 Victorias secret bras she wasn't wearing anymore, of which two fit me perfectly right now, the other three I can and I'm sure I will grow into! :happydance:

So now I've gotta bring at least one of the target bras back...

And I found 2 cute maternity tops :thumbup:
All in all a good trip I'd say!

I have already told immediate family and our closest friends. We tend to drink at just about any gathering, and we've had to make up excuses as to why we haven't been drinking lately. And excuses as to why Im so exhausted, or won't eat... So much easier now that they know!
Other family members and my clients (I'm a licensed massage therapist) will find out sometime after our next ultrasound Thursday, but before July 4th.

Oh and I've got another surprise for y'all in the next post.... :winkwink:

AH! don't do that to me Premont!! :growlmad:

My sil sent this to me. Im going shopping tonight to get some yummies!

Morning Sickness Mender:
*Ginger-root*is known to help relieve the nausea and vomiting of morning sickness. Mint is an ancient remedy used to aid digestion. And apples have long been hailed as tummy soothers.
1 1/2c apple juice, unsweetened. 1/2 lemon juiced. 1 to2 inch chunk ginger root, juiced or grated (or you could try 1-2t dried ginger). 8 mint leaves (or you could substitute dried mint). 6 ice cubes.
Blend & serve!

Morning Sickness Solution:*
1 1/2c diced pear. 1/2c low-fat peach yogurt. 1/2 pear nectar (I used juice when I couldn't find nectar). 1t lemon juice. 1/4t dried ginger. 3-5 ice cubes.
Blend and enjoy! *I loved this; I added strawberries and a little lemonade concentrate.*

Super Calcium Booster:
Kale is called King Kale for a reason - it's one of nature's best sources of calcium and folic acid. Calcium requirements increase during pregnancy. Between 50 and 350 milligrams of calcium is transferred daily from the mother's blood to the baby. If dietary calcium is not sufficient to meet those needs, calcium is taken from the mother's bones. Calcium-rich smooties can help you each day to meet your 1,200milligrams of this important mineral.
1/2 one pineapple, cubed (save core for juicing).*1 kale leaf. 1/2 to1 inch chunk ginger root. 1/2c plain low-fat yogurt. 6 ice cubes.
Juice pineapple core, kale, and ginger. Blend juice with pineapple chunks, yogurt, and ice. Enjoy!

*if you don't have a juicer, just omit the pineapple core, and dice the kale leaf, grate the ginger, and blend with everything else.

Bone Builder:*
1c low-fat raspberry yogurt. 3/4c low-fat milk. 1c frozen strawberries. 1/3c frozen raspberries. 1/3c milk powder.*
Blend and enjoy! *I think I added a little*sweetener*to this; honey works well.

Mommy-To-Be Folic-Acid Special:
Studies have now provided that folic acid helps prevent*neural*tube defects such as spina bifida (open spine) and anencephaly (lack of spine). These birth defects occur in the first 28 days after conception; therefore, it's important to get 400 milligrams of folic acid daily. Ample folic acid intake also decreases the risk for preterm delivery and low-birthweight infants. Wheat germ, peanut butter, and blackberries are good sources of folic acid.*
1c plain low-fat yogurt. 1/2c blackberries. 1/2c applesauce, unsweetened. 1T Peanut Butter. 1T wheat germ. 1t vanilla. 1t honey. 1/2t ascorbic acid (Vitamin C powder).
Blend & serve!

Expectant Mom's Childbirth Helper:
Raspberry tea leaf is said to tone the uterine and pelvic muscles. It has been noted by one doctor that "in a great many cases labor has been free and easy from muscular spasms." Raspberry leaf tea *can be taken during the last three months of pregnancy. This tea is also known to enrich and stimulate the flow of mother's milk.
Raspbery Zinger herbal tea ice cubes. 1/2 white grape juice (or 1c green grapes). 1 peach (about 1c). 1/4t pure raspberry extract.
Brew 1 bag of R.Zinger in 1c hot water for 20min.*Freeze*into ice cubes. Blend remaining ingredients with tea-ice cubes. Enjoy!

Maternity Medley: lots of vitamins for growing baby!
15oz can diced tomatoes w/ juice. 1/2c low-fat lemon yogurt. 1/2c avocado. 2T tomato paste. 1/2t balsamic vinegar. 1t celery salt. dash tobasco. 2-4 ice cubes.
Blend and serve! *try garnishing with basil or mint for a*complementary*flavor twist.

Mom's Iced Milk Flow: Fennel has been used since ancient times to help promote the flow of breast milk.
1/2c apple juice. 1/2c fennel juice (or 1/2chopped fennel). 1T Peanut Butter. 1/4t ascorbic acid (vitamin C powder). 1 banana, frozen in chunks.
Blend & serve!

Folic Acid can also be found in:
Brewer's yeast (could find in non-alcoholic beer i think). Wheat germ. Soy foods. Bran. Beans. Asparagus. Lentils. Walnuts. Spinach. Kale. Peanuts. Broccoli. Barley. Split peas. Whole wheat. Brussels sprouts. Almonds. Oatmeal. Cabbage. Figs. Avocado. Green beans. Corn. Dates. Blackberries. Oranges.*

hi im due feb 19! baby number 4!! this one wasnt planned ... turns out my iud miracously fell out without me knowing ... so here we r now;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->