Looking for encouragement & advice

1gapeach

Reaction score
I am 35 (almost 36) and have been TTC for 9 months... getting frustrated....
this month was my first round of clomid 50mg. My husband's first SA came back inconclusive with a concern about low motility, but he has a re-test scheduled next week. I chart daily temps & use the Clear Blue FM as well.

any advice on tactics or things that worked or didn't work for anyone?

Well, I'm still in the process of TTC... so I can't say what may or may not work for sure just yet. BUT- I would recommend looking into IUI in conjunction with Clomid if just the Clomid doesn't work for you. It gives better odds ;)

I'm working with a FS to make sure I'm progressing well on the Clomid, as I have higher FSH levels and my hubby's SA was a bit low for Motility/Morphology. So we both have some issues which makes it very difficult for us to conceive "naturally'.

Hope you get more conclusive answers on your hubby's next SA... frustrating I'm sure!!! But it is great there is SO much help these days... so keep at it!!! It WILL happen.

Best of luck hun :)

That low of a dose is normal to start off with. You'll most likely try 100 and 150mg before moving on to injectables. Because Clomid makes your CM vile, you should be having an IUI with it. That way it passes the cm and goes directly to the follies.

Are you being monitored with a pelvic sonogram and blood labs as well??

There are plenty of women with hubbys that have motility problems who can share their stories with you. I know that most of the time, it won't make a difference with aggressive fertility treatment.

Are you trying for your first?? Come on in to the 35+ ttc #1 forum. I'm sure you'll love the ladies there. :winkwink:

Thanks @Mommy's Angel!

Yes, trying for #1.....never knew it would be THIS difficult! I will def join - see you there!

Also, no sonograms are being done at this time, but they are doing labs. I was actually ovulating normally before the clomid, just late. The clomid is a last ditch effort at conceiving naturally before we move on to IUI, which we havent really committed to do. Now that we are so emotionally invested though, it would be hard not to move forward.

hi all my first time in here , was a little shy at first , i have had ivf treatment which failed when i was 30 and just couldent go through the heartache again , so stopped trying completly but then in november my body just seemed to change my cycles where different and i felt the ovalation pain for the first time , strange i know , so in november we decided to give it one last shot , as i just have a feeling its going to happen , thanks for reading this , at least i broke the ice now :)

I am sure with the help of an OB/Gyn both of you can get the BFP's you are looking for...I guess its just a patience thing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->