looking for feedback on alternative kids gift idea

dbauer

Reaction score
I'm a mom of 2 and recently had a conversation with some other moms about trying to find some alternatives to the often junky wasteful goodie bags that are given out as parties. I had this idea for an alternative and wanted to know what some other parents thought? The idea is to have $3 tokens you could buy online that would be good for a scoop of ice cream at a local ice cream shop and part of the proceeds of the token would also go to a charity of the kids choice. When a child got one of these tokens they could go online learn about some select charities and then pick one to donate to. Then they could take their token to the local ice-cream ship and get a scoop of ice-cream.
I'd just like to know if other parents would be interested in an alternative like this and could see themselves giving these out?

Sounds like a good idea to me! I don't personally do goody bags :haha: and maybe that's not the norm? Although it is amongst most of my friends and family. I have done things for our oldest (when she was younger) and had sleep overs parties etc and bought little things for her and her friends to play dress up etc... but nothing like candy or trinkets though- I have been to 1 or 2 parties where they did that- and unfortunatly, bad as it sounds, it usually just went in the trash as it was nothing really useful or worth keeping.

I think alternative options are great- and certainly more useful!

I would love something like that! I don't do traditional goody bags myself for parties. In the past I've done crayons and a color book for one party and a crown and wand to play dress up with for another, bouncy balls, etc. The treat bags that we've gotten filled with candy and useless pieces of plastic never last so I'd much rather give something that will actually be used and not be totally junk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->