Looking for Interested Parents for Tantrum Research!

UConn Lauren

Reaction score
Hello! I am a doctoral student conducting my dissertation on temper tantrums in toddlers (24 to 27 months) at the University of Connecticut and wanted to pass along information to any interested parents. The research is does entirely online and parents can just email me to sign up. If you are interested, please see the information below!

Thank you very much!
Lauren

DO YOU EVER WONDER ABOUT YOUR CHILD’S TEMPER TANTRUMS?

We are conducting a study on temper tantrums and would like to invite you to participate. If you have a toddler between the ages of 2 years and 2 years, 3 months, you are at least 18 years of age or older, and English is the primary language spoken in the home, you are eligible to participate.

If interested in participating, we will send you a URL link to participate in an online questionnaire comprised of three surveys. The questions you will be asked are on your child’s typical tantrums, as well as the way you respond. We will also ask you to report on your child’s behavior more broadly and to identify words your child knows.

We are conducting this research study to learn more about the role of language abilities, and a child’s ability to control his or her own behavior, in temper tantrums. While tantrums are very typical for children in this age range, we know that tantrums look different across different children. By looking at things like language and self-control, we hope to understand more about why we see such differences across different children.

As a thank you for your time, interested participants will be entered into a raffle for one of ten $25 Amazon.com giftcards.

If you are interested in participating, or have any questions, please contact Lauren Broder, M.A. ([email protected], 860-486-5590) or Dr. James Green ([email protected], 860-486-3517).

IRB Protocol Number: #H12-247

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->