• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for Midwife near Knoxville, TN Area

moonbear

Reaction score
I'm looking for a midwife to do a home water birth in the Knoxville, TN area. I've found a few online but i wasn't impressed. I'm looking for someone who is really earthy. I was really loving the birthing center located in Cookeville, TN, but we won't be moving to that area. Any information you can pass on would be appreciated!!

I'm not sure what you know about Ina May Gaskin or if you'd be comfortable with a birth outside your home (but still outside a hospital), but if I were in Tennessee, I would demand a birth on The Farm. Seriously. It's my someday dream. Good luck!

I looked up your driving time to The Farm and it's about 3.5 hours, which could be manageable depending on how you plan things. There are cabins on the compound they rent out to expecting, long-distance women who come stay a few days or weeks before labor begins. Again, not sure how you feel about it, but maybe feel it out. This could be an incredible option for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->