Looking for others who are experiencing random spotting

laura109

Reaction score
Was just hoping to find some ladies going through what i am. Im almost 16 weeks pregnant and i have had a week of spotting at week 5 till 5 weeks 6 days

An early scan revealed all seemed ok. A healthy scan at 12 weeks followed. At exactly 14 weeks i was shocked to see alot of brown blood and reddy pink mucus on the tissue. It continued for a week on and off. A scan at 14 weeks 2 days (private) showed us a healthy baby and we were told it was a boy.

Im still getting pinky cm every so often and although ive learnt not to panic im still unsure why i get this blood. I sometimes worry its a sign things may go wrong later on. Would love to speak with anyone experiencing this or similar

Kind of similar but it seems to have stopped now. I had 4 episodes but lasted a day or two each the last episode was around 13 to 14 weeks. It was brown when started but went to blood. They never figured it out. I was told it's not normal but it's not from baby so unless it was heavy and like a period with cramping then not to worry about it.

I had spotting and bleeding and colorful CM all the way through my last pregnancy. No one ever figured out why, and I worried the entire time,... but that baby is now a 16-month old.

Hmm I would say that early spotting was from implantation. The spotting at 14 weeks may have been mostly older blood from the placenta taking over moving around. I had 1 day of spotting at 10 weeks. For me, it turned out I had miscarried 2 weeks prior, but before discovering that the OB had told me that some women have some bleeding around/after 10/11 weeks because of the placenta. So if yours is mostly old blood it could be from that. My OB also said that some women just have spotting/bleeding and they never figure out why, but everything is fine. Actually he said that is the case for a lot of his patients.

It sounds like things are going well for you otherwise, especially with those great scans, so I would try not to worry. Although I'm sure that is easier said than done.

I had brown discharge at 12 weeks and a small bleed at 18 weeks. Nothing in between.
Had a scan both times and no cause was found. Was kept in hospital for observation at 18 weeks. They reckon possible cervical ecroption which is harmless.
Hoping for no more as it makes me so anxious.

Hi ladies it seems more common than we realise doesn't it. Blood obviously makes u fear the worst. It was definitely a shock at 14 weeks because i truly thought i was loosing the baby so it was a relief to see the private scan. Its so hard to not worry at times because losses can start out in the same way. Thankfully ive never had pains with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->