Looking for some advice & info from ladies that have had a Laparoscopy....

WhiteOrchid24

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm having a laparoscopy done next week and I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. My main concern however is how I will feel after the op as my DH is going to be away for work so there is a chance I will be on my own. A family member is going to drive me home and if need be I'm sure will stay but I was just wondering how everyone was after having it done? Do you think I will be ok to stay by myself?

I just read some info on having laps and it said that it's normal to feel groggy for 2-3 days after - did anyone have this? My DS is going to be staying with family for the first night but now I am wondering if maybe he should stay with them until DH gets home 2 days after the lap.....

I'm sorry - I know it's not a major op, I'm just trying to prepare myself as much as possible so I can know what to expect. My HSG was a bit of a disaster and very painful (with inconclusive results hence the lap) so this time I want to be prepared!!

I appreciate any advice or suggestions you all might have. Thank you in advance so much :D

Sorry Orchard I though I replied on here yesterday.

I think I'd play safe, arrange for DS to stay away until DH comes home with the view that if you feel up to it he can come home earlier.
Everybody is different and everybody's reaction to anaesthetic is different. You also don't know how much poking about they are going to do while they are in there.

I'd maybe post on the main LTTTC or the Assisted Conception boards you might get more answers there.

Not had a lap done myself but if it's done under general anaesthetic you will need someone to stay with you for 24 hrs or they will need to keep you in overnight. Hope this helps :)

I've had a couple laparoscope, and a laparotomy.
I'd find arrangement for DS while DH is away. It's different everytime, actually, I think I felt better after the laparotomy (more invasive, it's a c-section like incision instead of a the three small holes)
I think it may have to do with how much of the gas is still in your abdomen - and how soon you go home. My last lap was no fun, I was obviously still extremely bloated and they only kept me at the hospital until I woke up. If you can stay there a night I'd recommend that. Sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->