Looking for some help, 1st miscarriage started this morning

MamaDee

Mommy + recent MMC
Reaction score
Hi ladies.. This is my first time experiencing a miscarriage and I am wondering what to expect. I know everyone is different but I would just like to hear other stories if you're willing to share. I stopped Nuvaring back in August and was actively trying since about Dec, my last period was April 24. I would be 6 weeks tomorrow but started bleeding and cramping in waves today. Dr confirmed levels are low and pregnancy is no longer viable. It was heartbreaking to hear and I spent the most part of the day in tears. This started at 10am this morning and since about 3pm I've been feeling fine with no cramping.And now I am actually feeling quite normal and eager/hopeful for my next cycle. Is the worst yet to come? How long do you bleed for and how long does cramping last? Also my bleeding isn't even as heavy as a period, does this mean I have NOT passed the tissue yet and there is plenty more to come? Because it seems as if it is getting better so far, but I feel like it can't be done that quickly. I'm also wondering about cycle length and ovulation day, does your cycle return to normal or is it extra long? Any other things you think would be helpful for me I would love to hear. Thanks so much ladies!:hugs:

So Sorry! :hugs: I had a mmc. My baby passed at 8+6 and didn't find out till 10+6. I had a d&c. Bled for 3 weeks. I ovulated 3.5 weeks after d&c. My 1st cycle (5.5 weeks after d&c) was normal, the 2nd was not and I'm currently in my 3rd which seems normal so far. :hug:

Hi ladies.. This is my first time experiencing a miscarriage and I am wondering what to expect. I know everyone is different but I would just like to hear other stories if you're willing to share. I stopped Nuvaring back in August and was actively trying since about Dec, my last period was April 24. I would be 6 weeks tomorrow but started bleeding and cramping in waves today. Dr confirmed levels are low and pregnancy is no longer viable. It was heartbreaking to hear and I spent the most part of the day in tears. This started at 10am this morning and since about 3pm I've been feeling fine with no cramping.And now I am actually feeling quite normal and eager/hopeful for my next cycle. Is the worst yet to come? How long do you bleed for and how long does cramping last? Also my bleeding isn't even as heavy as a period, does this mean I have NOT passed the tissue yet and there is plenty more to come? Because it seems as if it is getting better so far, but I feel like it can't be done that quickly. I'm also wondering about cycle length and ovulation day, does your cycle return to normal or is it extra long? Any other things you think would be helpful for me I would love to hear. Thanks so much ladies!:hugs:

I had a d&c so I can't really help with the bleeding and tissue etc BUT my cramping wasn't bad at all. Actually, I didn't cramp at all, I had lower back pain and it was mild. I did have my AF 26 days after d&c and I didn't test for an O but I'm sure I did pretty much on time. With previous mc about 7 years ago I had d&c and got BFP 6 weeks after my d&c so...I know I did O after that d&c. In summary, my cycle was pretty much right on track as if nothing had happened. I never really compared it to anyone elses so I don't know if thats normal or typical or not. Maybe other ladies will chime in so you can compare HTH :hugs:

I am sorry you are having to go through this, it is so sad. I have lost both of mine very early at about 3 weeks each. My cramps lasted a couple of days until they went to an odd one here and there and I bled for a week and ovulated as usual 2 weeks later.

If your blood loss has not been as heavy as you expected or for as long as you expected I would go back to see your doctor and ask for an ultrasound to check whether you have passed your baby and the uterine lining. Although your numbers are low at 6 weeks gestation I would expect at least 5 days of period like bleeding for a natural miscarriage.

I bled for about 7 days on and off with both mine had like period pains and the worst heart ache. So sorry for your loss hun xx

Hi I am sorry for your loss its heartbreaking I know. I lost my baby at 12 weeks scan had mmc baby had passed at 9 +6. Never made my d and c as naturally missed carried day before. My story is not to scare you but I had to go to hospital very heavy bleeding ( 3 supar pads stacked together in 10 mins). And o was contractions . I passed tissue as big as my hand. Although i passed everthing all at once. After that still bleed for about 2 weeks. Had scan to confirm everything out to prevent infection. It was and 5 weeks since it happened I got af today. I would go to doc and explain you have had little bled and you would like a scan to make sure. All the best hun.

Thanks ladies for sharing, glad to see that cycles seem to go on as normal. I'm sorry to hear about all of the losses :hugs: It's a terrible thing to go thru. I must say I am feeling thankful that it happened earlier on in the pregnancy as I can imagine as some of you have had it happen further along it must be even more devastating.

Hi I am sorry for your loss its heartbreaking I know. I lost my baby at 12 weeks scan had mmc baby had passed at 9 +6. Never made my d and c as naturally missed carried day before. My story is not to scare you but I had to go to hospital very heavy bleeding ( 3 supar pads stacked together in 10 mins). And o was contractions . I passed tissue as big as my hand. Although i passed everthing all at once. After that still bleed for about 2 weeks. Had scan to confirm everything out to prevent infection. It was and 5 weeks since it happened I got af today. I would go to doc and explain you have had little bled and you would like a scan to make sure. All the best hun.

Im so sorry to hear you had to go thru all of that. I forgot to include in my post that I actually had spent over 7 hrs at the hospital and did have a scan done as dr wanted to ensure it was a regular miscarriage and not an ectopic. I eventually go tired of waiting and left before the results came back but was given the results of the blood test which he said were no good. I am scheduled to have another scan tomorrow afternoon to make sure everything is passing or has passed not sure.

I definitely spoke to soon yesterday, the bleeding began to get super heavy last night and I have terrible cramping today and lots of heavy bleeding. At least now it isn't questionable and I know my body is doing what it can to get back to normal. Praying that everything passes naturally.

Thank you ladies so much for the support! :hugs:

I'm sorry for your loss. Its hard to go through the cramping/bleeding stage, completely devastating. I had a scan and 2 blood tests as well, they just wanted to make sure my hcg levels were going down. When I finally finished actively bleeding (about 5 days) I got a negative pregnancy test.

My cycle went right back on track, I ovulated about 19 days later using OPTs, which normal for me (31/32 day cycle) and now I'm in the 2 week wait till next monday. I decided to try right away, but some people need extra time either to emotially or to get their cycle back on track.

Good luck xo

Thanks for sharing. I also was 5 weeks 5 days and exactly one month after you, june 6th, I'm sorry to hear that we have that in common :( But I am glad to see your cycle went back to normal! I think I would like to try right away also, as I am hating the growing age gap between ds and "next baby". You are right about the cramping and bleeding thats for sure! I hope it is over quickly. The thing I find a little odd is I feel 100% ok for a few hours and then out of nowhere I'll burst into tears and then later on be ok again. I hate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->