Looking for some reassurance

tturner

Reaction score
So by my dates I am 7 +6

1st day of my last period was 1st march and I had a positive test 30th march

I went for an early scan today ( not a vaginal ) and told they could see the sac and yolk no heartbeat and only 6 +1

I am going to phone our early pregnancy unit in the morning and also the place I got scanned ( paid for a private ) she never mentioned about a miscarriage just suggested to come back in 7 days.

Am I out ? Have I miscarried, I couldn't ask any questions as my little boy was there and I didn't want to ask as we haven't explained this yet.

Please help xxx

This is the most posted topic on here. Many people just dont realise how tiny the baby is and why dates seem off. The techs have to take such tiny measurements that if they are off just by a little it throws the dates off. Also not many people can see much at 6 weeks. Within a week you should definitely see something. If you dont, then there may be a chance its a blighted ovum. Good luck :)

Thank you, I think I've convinced myself I've miscarried already. The unknown is killing me, I'm hoping I can get in for a vaginal scan tomorrow with my hospital and have a chat !

Here's to hoping and praying xx

I think it's possible that you ovulated late making your dates off, and it is just very early. I wish you the best of luck

I'm sure everything will be ok! If the person didn't mention a miscarriage then that's surely a good sign?
Like the others said, your dates could be slightly off, ovulation date late, there's a few reasons why you could be measuring different.
I know it's easier said then don't but try not to stress too much! X

I hope your right but I used the clear blue ovulation test so ovulated is it within 4 days of getting a solid smiley.

I'm in pieces today. Spoken to the hospital and got an appointment at 1.45 tomorrow. It can't come quick enough.

Thank you for your encouraging words xx

I wouldn't panic or stress yourself too much. Honestly if you look back there have been so many ladies in the same position. At my 6+1 scan all we saw was a sack, nothing else, then two weeks later at the next scan we had a wriggly baby with a strong heartbeat. 6 weeks is still so early. Good luck!

Hi I am 14 weeks pregnant- I had some pains in early pregnancy and went for a internal scan at 6 weeks all they could see was the sac and the yolk- they asked me to go back in 2 weeks and I then saw the heart beat and the baby. I have since had a 12 week scan and there is a baby in there for sure.
I also worried as its only natural but the lady who scanned me made it clear it was quite normal to no see the heart beat so early. If your concerned i would go to an early pregnancy unit in 2 weeks. Good luck :) im sure everything is ok xx

Yep, this is suuuuper common! When it's so early it's very hard for scans to be accurate. There are tons of possibilities - measurements were off, your dates are off, you implanted late, baby is a slow grower (my daughter was a week behind until 14 weeks). I'd say there is a very very good chance you're perfectly fine! Please don't stress out about it (although I know that's an impossible thing to ask of a pregnant woman). I went in this time around for a scan around 6 weeks, they didn't see anything but after my experience with my daughter I'm not worried. I really feel like people shouldn't even get scans this early unless it's a medical emergency just because if this kind of thing happens, which it often does, it just causes so much unnecessary worry and heartbreak. Good luck, I bet you there's a healthy bean in there :hugs:

Thank you for your lovely words, I feel a lot more positive and still praying for good news tomorrow.

I really appreciate your positive words thank you again. Xx

Im stalking this thread i believe im approx 6 weeks pregnant but had some brown bleeding today and scan showed a sac with 1mm fetal pole and dated at 4 weeks. I have 2 small areas of bleeding around the sac and im terrified of losing this baby as Ive had two previous losses. Any success stories gratefully received.
Tturner i look forward to seeing how you get on tomorrow and wish you loads of luck x

Hey blue! Not sure how they could date you at 4 weeks when they can see a fetal pole?? Fetal pole becomes detectable via vaginal ultrasound between 5 and a half to 6 weeks.

And t Turner I had a scan few days ago between 5 weeks 3 days and 5 weeks 6 days and all they could see was gestational sac and yolk sac. But concerned but apparently normal for this stage and hopefully see more next week. Good luck xx

I had a scan on my daughter when I was 7 weeks and a few days and they measured me at 6 weeks and a few days I panicked was sure it was an impending loss had to come back in 2 weeks when I did she was there and fine by 12 weeks she had caught up to my dates

it is so early they can be off good luck with the scan :hugs:

Thanx issacralph thats reassuring she said she cant be sure its the fetal pole as its only 1mm. Im so anxious for yhis to be ok x

I had a scan on friday morning, I was 5+5 and all she could see was the sac and yolk but she said that was perfectly normal, everything was where it should be and she didn't expect to see much else. I am booked in for another scan just to make sure every thing is going ok in 2 weeks.

I had an abdominal us at 6th weeks, the Obs only found a fetal pole of 3mm no HB and he was very pessimistic about it. I tried to stay positive but the hcg test came back as declining instead of doubling. Looks like things are not going well for me, how about for the rest of you? I am still trying to stay positive thou, since either way I would want to wait till 8 weeks before I am convinced that the pregnancy is not viable

I measured a week behind at my first scan. I had been charting so I knew I when I ovulated. I was scared like you.
I just had another scan this week and the baby caught up two days with a good strong heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->