Looking for successful IVF stories for undiagnosed infertility

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
As the title states, I'm hoping for a little hope.

I have a son, he's 2y.o. My dh and I conceived him easily (2nd try). But now, 13+ cycles later, the most progress we've made is a chemical pregnancy back in February this year. We kept going, charting, opks, sexy time marathons during my fertile time (tmi!), but nothing worked.

We both got checked out, and he's perfect. The only thing found on me was low progesterone after O, which has since been corrected with supplements.

I'm on my second clomid cycle now (cd5), and after this, if it doesn't work, we're on track for a November IVF cycle with PGS.

There is a good chance I have endometriosis, both doctors (obgyn & FS) have said I most likely have some degree of it, but without surgery, they don't know for sure. So that could be why we've had trouble conceiving?

Anyways, if you have undiagnosed infertility and have done IVF, please, spam me with your stories. I love details (age, how many eggs, how you felt/side effects, etc.). Oh and dh and I are both 33.

Thanks ladies! <3

Hello, i am unexplained, although would sometimes have long cycles still ovulated and tried many years

I done ivf Oct 2014, I had 22 eggs collected, due to this number they said transfer would be delayed and any embryos frozen due to the risk of ohss
I was so disappointed but it worked out for the best, I had a frozen cycle 4 months later ( as Xmas was in the way and my long cycles plus I had the scratch the cycle before)
They say frozen cycles are more successful and for me it was!

Out of the 22 eggs 20 fertilised
They fertilised half the normal ivf way and half icsi in case the sperm and egg weren't bonding due to being unexplained they wanted to test this theory out
11 fertilised the normal way and 9 icsi
8 made it to day 5 to be frozen. This was my worry as I couldn't have a 3 day transfer I knew any embryos would have to survive til day 5 to be transferred but luckily they did!

Dd born sec 2015

Sept 2016 start next frozen cycle, I have just started to get a very faint bfp yesterday, 4 days after transfer so very early, DD I tested 5 days past transfer so as she was a 5 day embryo that is 10dpo and fingers crossed all is ok with this one and my tests get darker, I tested 9dpo as was 4 days after

Wishing you lots of luck, success rates are so good these days with ivf

I had 9 clomid rounds before this and chose to skip iui as didn't want to waste anymore time and was the best decision I made going straight to ivf

Hope this helps x

That's awesome!!! Thank you for telling your story. :) And huge congrats, 2 FET cycles and both look like they worked!

My biggest fear is something going wrong and transfer has to be delayed or canceled. I'm going to do PGS and the results will be in by 7am the following morning, so hopefully everything will go to plan. Fx

My FS wasn't too excited about us trying clomid and timed BD, but she had no problem letting us try. This is the 2nd round and to be honest, I'm not hopeful. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again for sharing your story. And hope you have a healthy and wonderful pregnancy. :)

Well I hope this clomid cycle does work for you
I understand your worries I worried throughout being a natural worrier but it honestly doesn't change anything, just take each step at a time and try not to think too far ahead
Delaying my transfer was the best thing I could have done so I enjoyed the 4 months break having a few drinks at Xmas and a break away without thinking of anything ivf related!

Good luck x

Sometimes a break, even a short one, is very much needed. TTC is not for the faint of heart.

We suffer from unexplained infertility and have had IVF success twice now (and unfortunately, some unsuccessful cycles as well). Here are our details:

IVF #1 (age 29)
23 eggs retrieved
16 fertilized
2 transferred on day 5 (one early blast and one morula): Chemical
FET #1 with our 1 remaining 6 day frozen embie: Successful with our 3.5 year old son

IVF #2 (age 32)
8 eggs retrieved
5 fertilized
Elective single embryo 5 day transfer: Chemical
FET #1of our 1 remaining 5 day frozen embie: chemical

IVF #3 (age 33)
15 eggs retrieved
9 fertilized
Only 1 blast to transfer: Success with son #2 (currently almost 30 weeks pregnant)

We never did PGS, although that was the plan for IVF #3. Because we had so few 5 days blasts to test, we decided it wasn&#8217;t worth the extra $5,000.

Good luck to you, and let me know if you have any questions.

Wow, what a journey! I'm happy to see you had success though! They highly suspect I have endometriosis, but without surgery, they don't know for sure. But that would explain why they can't "find" anything wrong that has led to infertility.

Do they have any suspicions as to why you guys have had trouble?

My only thing is long cycles, 34-50 days, a couple of 75 days, however mainly 35 and blood tests did show ovulation, maybe just not often enough but no reason for it and clinic said we were unexplained

We suspect egg quality based on the high attrition rates for our embryos, but not sure. I think it could be possible I also suffer from endometriosis since my mom did and suffered years of infertility, but never diagnosed (and IVF should bypass that).

Oh yes, my nan took 5 years to have my mum and my mum took 5 years to have my brother, followed by 4 girls, all natural apart from the last who was clomid due to her age, so I think mine was just an unfortunate family thing, although 1 of my sisters has got pregnant twice just looking at her husband so just me!

Wow Star25, that's crazy. I wish there was a way to figure out what the heck the issue is!? If your nan and mom had trouble, maybe there is something there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->