Looking for support buddies

danni2kids

Mum of 3 boys
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I need to lose weight!!! but i'm really struggling to stick to anything i'm stuck in this vicious cycle of feeling tired and stuffing my face to try to make myself feel better!!!

I have always been a great self motivator but since having my first 3 years ago TODAY in fact and not losing the baby weight then gaining more with my second, i feel like im going to be like this forever and i just dont know how to fix it anymore and i just don't know where to start. I have started many diet plans and excercise regimes in the last 2 years and i just don't stick to any thing. But its time for me to make a change!!!:cry:

Im 30, 157cm and weigh 89kg (195lb)!! My mission is to lose weight before i start the process for IUI. I have low ovarian reserve.....but i believe if i can lose weight i may not need to go through with IUI it might just happen naturally! It did twice before, we have been trying for 7 months for our third.Not only that but for my health as well im sick of feeling unhealthy and i cant stand to look at myself in the mirror any more.

Im looking for some ladies to share this journey with me, i truly need it:cry:

Hi Ladies, I need to lose weight!!! but i'm really struggling to stick to anything i'm stuck in this vicious cycle of feeling tired and stuffing my face to try to make myself feel better!!!

I have always been a great self motivator but since having my first 3 years ago TODAY in fact and not losing the baby weight then gaining more with my second, i feel like im going to be like this forever and i just dont know how to fix it anymore and i just don't know where to start. I have started many diet plans and excercise regimes in the last 2 years and i just don't stick to any thing. But its time for me to make a change!!!:cry:

Im 30, 157cm and weigh 89kg (195lb)!! My mission is to lose weight before i start the process for IUI. I have low ovarian reserve.....but i believe if i can lose weight i may not need to go through with IUI it might just happen naturally! It did twice before, we have been trying for 7 months for our third.Not only that but for my health as well im sick of feeling unhealthy and i cant stand to look at myself in the mirror any more.

Helllo :hugs:
Welcome to this section :)

Oooh i can totally relate to the feeling tired & stuffing face then getting nowhere.

Hows about you cut out word diet, throw it away never say it again. Start fresh, your on a whole lifestyle change, from tomorrow, your changing your bad habits slowly, for better ones.
Dont try change everything in one go if you know if only back fires. Do one thing a week or every 2 weeks.

I started out alot heavier than you, so it is possible! I'll happily join you if you like, ive still got good deal weight left to lose myself.

Helllo :hugs:
Welcome to this section :)

Oooh i can totally relate to the feeling tired & stuffing face then getting nowhere.

Hows about you cut out word diet, throw it away never say it again. Start fresh, your on a whole lifestyle change, from tomorrow, your changing your bad habits slowly, for better ones.
Dont try change everything in one go if you know if only back fires. Do one thing a week or every 2 weeks.

I started out alot heavier than you, so it is possible! I'll happily join you if you like, ive still got good deal weight left to lose myself.

Hi:hi:
Thanks for the reply. :thumbup: I seen your before and after photos you have done such a great job, my over hang looks alot like yours DID!! Thats what i need to do, make slow changes rather then putting myself on a strict regime, from today!!
I have started a Journal im not sure how to put it it in my signature??

Hi, dieting NEVER works. People restrict themselves on what they can eat and fail all too quickly. What you need is a life style change. Allow yourself a little bit of what you fancy but use portion control.

Have you thought of using a site such as www.myfitnesspal.com? Once you have input your data it gives you goals (which you can change) and tells you how many calories to consume in order to lose up to 2lb a week. Not only that. if yo have friends on there, then you have a support network and motivation. I joined last month and through logging food and exercise I have started to care more about what I am putting into my body and thinking about things such as "Do I REALLY want to eat the whole cookie jar or will one be much better and more appreciated?" As you can see from my signature, I have lost 12lb already. That's with still eating cookies, pizza, Chinese and Indian food. If you do decide to join then feel free to add me. There is also a thread for it https://www.babyandbump.com/dieting-weight-loss-fitness/839876-my-fitness-pal.html where many other girls from here are looking for friends and support too.

Have you also considered Weight Watchers or Slimming World? I know a lot of people who have had success on both because it's, again, portion control rather than 'dieting'.

Once you change your outlook on weight loss, it becomes much easier to do. Especially if you have a support network around you.

Good luck. X

Hi,
I found Weight Watchers changed my attitude and understanding with food, it really is just about enough of the right stuff and portion control, I lost 56lb with them when I had my first child, and i never looked back, I still piled it on with other pregnancies but when i finished breast feeding i start healthy eating and portion control and I manage to keep to a pretty healthy weight.
I used Food Focus, another site you can use free and it works out what your intake should be based on what you want to loose and your current weight/height etc, it tracks loss for you and you set targets, so little steps! It does just help you stay focused which i can be rubbish at!

I agree, lifestyle change, but you have to be ready too, I give myself a last week of rubbish but feel so lousy after I look forward top the healthy stuff lol:haha:

Good Luck, I am just loosing my last few lb but i find them the hardest, so i want to get below to give me a few lb either way, but my weight watchers diet did help me know how to maintain the healthy stuff, with the odd treat here and there, over 17 years other than pregnancy (when I always put on 42-56lb) I have stayed the same size.
I would also say take measurments and measure weight loss too off arms, legs, waist, and also get big drinks bottles and pour into them the same you loose in weight in water, so you can see how well you are doing, pick the bottle up and think this is my loss so far! :hugs::kiss:

Hi Danni, I just started my weight loss regime in the new year. Like the PP, I totally vegged out the last 2 weeks of last year, eating nothing but garbage and junk food...by Jan. 1 I was ready for a change. I went to Complete Nutrition (health store) and bought supplements and smoothies. They gave me a food/exercise log that I've been keeping up with since starting and I've totally been sticking to it and have surprised myself. I also bought a pre-workout powder that gives you energy for your workout and it works really well for me. Also, OH is very supportive of me and I've lost 1.5 pounds and that is also helping to motivate me. If you'd like we can be weight loss buddies and keep each other on track.

Thank you all for your relies and advice.:flower:

I have been on and off WW over the past 6 years at one point i lost 22kg and kept it off for a few years until having my children. I know how to do this i just am having trouble starting and keeping motivated:nope: Im going to use this site and all you wonderful ladies as my mtivation!!

Hi Princess lou, myfitnesspal sounds good i will have a look and add you if i work out how too :flower:. I need something where im not restricting myself too much.

hi Tysonnme, i would like that, good on you for kick starting your weightloss. I know what you mean about xmas i think i scoffed the whole month of december!!! i have started a journal but im not sure on how to link it in my signature do you have any ideas?

Thank you all for your relies and advice.:flower:

I have been on and off WW over the past 6 years at one point i lost 22kg and kept it off for a few years until having my children. I know how to do this i just am having trouble starting and keeping motivated:nope: Im going to use this site and all you wonderful ladies as my mtivation!!

Hi Princess lou, myfitnesspal sounds good i will have a look and add you if i work out how too :flower:. I need something where im not restricting myself too much.

hi Tysonnme, i would like that, good on you for kick starting your weightloss. I know what you mean about xmas i think i scoffed the whole month of december!!! i have started a journal but im not sure on how to link it in my signature do you have any ideas?

Hey, not sure how to add your Journal (I never figured out how to add mine) but if you have the same username on https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ then I have sent you a friend request, if you don't then I've sent someone else it. Lol. If you know people on https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ then go to https://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/search and enter the usernames. There are a bunch of ladies at https://www.babyandbump.com/dieting-weight-loss-fitness/839876-my-fitness-pal.html who have their usernames if you wish to have friends from here.

Good luck with your journey. Which ever path you take, remember portion control and moderation. With those few words, anything is possible. X

I started slimming world as it's healthier versions of food I'd normally eat and lost 8lb so far on it. Plus because the food is healthier I'm happy for madden to eat my dinner with me

To add a link to your signature, first go to your journal and copy the link in the address bar. Then you can go to Edit your Signature and write something like "My Journal" or whatever, highlight it with your house and hover over the buttons until you see "Insert Link" (it looks like a globe with a chain link next to it. Then paste the link from the first page of your journal there and it should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->