Looking for views on naked children in public?

katzone

Mummy to two!
Reaction score
We've had some new neighbours recently and within the first couple of days we saw their little boy (about 3yrs old) out in their garden with nothing but a t-shirt on ... ok that is in their garden, their property, I can choose not to look.

But since then he has been playing out the front (we live in a cul-de-sac with a large carpark adjacent), running up and down the path, in the carpark and across MY garden completely naked.

In their own house/garden I have no problems but when it is out in public and worse in MY garden I don't want to be seeing it. I could excuse it more at the beach or something like that too.

What do people think? Am I being old-fashioned and fuddy-duddy about it?

What if my hubby or I were paedos? Or any of our neighbours for that matter?! It makes me feel sick but we could have an album of photos by now if we wanted to! :nope:

I guess its the parents choice, but i personally ouldnt let my daughter in public naked :S I dont really know what to say about your situation tho. x

I think it's totally fine in your backyard (hopefully the backyard is a bit private!)...

But out on the street etc is inappropriate IMO, what would it take to just put a diaper on them?

I think it's their choice. My son has been naked at the beach and in the back garden but like you say, it's more excusable. He wouldn't be running around starkers outside in the street, I'd at least have a nappy and a teeshirt on him. But, as I said, i think it's their choice and so even though you don't like it and you are concerned, I don't think you can say anything to them about it....like, I think it'd just make things more awkward.

I would say in the privacy of their house let him run around naked all he wants but outside is another matter to me. We have 50 sex offenders in a 2 mile radius of our home. I would never let my son out of the house naked. Just my opinion though.

I kinda think it is their choice

Reuben was in a t-shirt, and nothing else at the weekend in his paddling pool in our garden.

When i was young - ALL the photos of me in the summer, in our garden, and on the beach, i was naked - there are no more perverts around now than there was then. - maybe this may be taken to be ignorance, :shrug: i know that there is more awareness now, but i really dont see it as a problem because the sad fact is that if someone wants to take an unhealthy interest in a child then whether they have clothes on or not will not be the deciding factor.

I would have absolutely no problem in the back garden or the beach etc but not running up and down the road

It wouldn't really bother me if someone else's kid was naked.
I would probably only allow nudity on my own child in more private places, though.
A lot of kids go through a nudie phase. Maybe the parents are just letting him get it out of his system and trying not to make a big deal out of it? :shrug:

IMHO out in public is not acceptable. I've had Charlotte and Austin naked in the backyard in the baby pool, but it's 100% private and noone can see it.

I wouldn't want Darwin totally nude out in public, but someone else's toddler running naked through the neighbourhood wouldn't upset me. He might be going through a phase where he's leaving the house with something on and then taking it off himself, or his parents might feel that the neighbourhood is a safe place for him to run around without clothes on. In this heat (it was 37C here today) I'd rather see a kid naked than suffering from heatstroke, though if it was my son I'd have undies or a diaper on him.

in my opinion i think it's not nice because you don't know what other people are thinking of your lo being naked even on the beach (it's sandy anyway and their bodies should be protected)
it's fine in your own home

i wouldnt let me son on the street wearing nothing x

Nappy free time at home and in your own garden is fine in my book, but I would have an issue with it anywhere where perverts might be lurking.

I have RR naked most the time we spend indoors or around at friends houses as she refuses to keep clothes on!

However, here it's completely acceptable to see children naked/half naked running around in the privacy of their gardens, be it front or back and at most public swimming pool the majority of children are naked.

I wouldn't have my LO running around the streets naked either tbh!
x

I don't see a problem with it. I guess it depends where you live. I'm in a small town, no one really cares here, and it's kind of normal. Hunter is always naked in the house, and he has played outside naked a few times. Not a big deal, no one cares.

It isn't something i would let Leni be doing, but it's up to them what they do with their child x

I don't mind other people doing it but I wouldn't let Kathryn run around outside naked where I live (apartment complex so lots of people). If I lived in a more secluded area maybe if she kept taking her clothes off or something (though she's very pale so I like her to have at least a t-shirt for extra protection from sunburn). Maybe they are going through potty training and the kid kept taking off his diaper?

I think if they are out in public in the neighborhood they should have clothing, at least shorts or something on. At 3 years old the kid is old enough to understand...

I would not let Jasmine go out in public naked either. She deserves dignity and there are way too many creepo's out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->