Looking to adopt

Mummy May

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Going to get in touch with our council's adoption team tomorrow but just wondered if anyone knows much about the process and have any advice or anything? Xxx

Just wanted to say good luck, the team you speak to will give you all the information you need at this stage. If you have any questions please say, I have knowledge of the adoption process and will help as much as I can. X

I think it depends on your area.
I started the ball rolling in June this year, we went to see the adoption team and a lady came to our house for a visit. Were are still in the 1st stage to be honest.
We were given a booklet of questions to answerer, such as things from our child hood, how we thought about our bringing up, what things are important in our life (maybe religion, friends/family). This just builds up a picture about you and your partner. Then we had to attend a four day course, which I have to say really opened our eyes. It was very interesting and you will learn quite a lot.
You also have a CRB check and a medical from your doctor.
I think stage two is when we have a social worker assigned to us, and they will build a report on us as a couple and individuals, they will speak to our referees and anyone that maybe looking after the child, such as your mum etc.
I hope this helps, but like I said, I think it depends on which area you are from as each will do things differently.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"