Looks like I'll be joining the Clomid Club!

K

katiecakes

hi girls!
so after NTNP for 10 months and then seriously TTC for 8 months, we went to an RE and all tests came back normal for both DH and I. Doctor is putting me on (2) 50mg tablets of Clomid/day for 5 days, then to take the trigger shot. He also said we could do IUI if we want. I just don't know what to expect from any of this. I have heard of side-effects being like menopausal side-effects, but I am trying to focus on the positive side (EG: maybe this will help us get pregnant very soon!)

This cycle I decided not to temp or check CM, as all of this was making me completely crazy. The other thought that I had was that if I was doing it wrong, DH and I could have been timing our BD's wrong. So we just went with the flow this month. I most likely ovulated yesterday or today. We got 3-4 BDs in in the past 5 days, so we should have enough in there. This is our final pre-clomid/trigger 2ww and I am hoping for a BFP around Dec. 20th (right in time for Christmas!!!)

Any advice and success stories would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I am about to embark on a completely new and unknown journey!

xo

your doing clomid IuI and trigger shot after only trying got 8 months even after getting a clean bill of health from the RE, honestly my opinion is its still till early for that. Most people dont get tests till (trying) for a yr. Since you been trying under a yr. may I ask what have you dont naturally while trying first?

Know its hard as we all want a baby NOW, BUT given a clean bill of health on both side I would try things not tried yet naturally for at least up to a yr trying. And if you have not done much but track ovulating I would look into other stuff naturally first as well...

there is different opks out there and ways to follow ovulation, there is natural supplements to try that wont be so harsh on your body, for you and him and not just fetileaid...:) there positions..diet clothes to change...

now im not saying you didnt try all this already but im trying to help out with your question so please dont take offence

xxoo

Im going on that I dont know what you did yet though. As fertility treatments can be tuff on the body, I would have wanted to try everything first as long as I could especially if they found nothing wrong and you just suspect timing...

We tried all kinds of different things, and this is just what the doctor suggested to us. He brought it all up to us as what he thought the best plan of action would be. I guess he was going on the fact that we have been unprotected with no birth control for 18 months now- which is 6 months over the year that is required for the diagnosis of infertility. He diagnosed us with "unexplained infertility." honestly, at this point after hearing about the side-effects of Clomid, I am willing to deal with them vs. another 3-6 months of disappointment cycle after cycle. I know I would look back after that and just wish I did it now. So that's why.

We tried all kinds of different things, and this is just what the doctor suggested to us. He brought it all up to us as what he thought the best plan of action would be. I guess he was going on the fact that we have been unprotected with no birth control for 18 months now- which is 6 months over the year that is required for the diagnosis of infertility. He diagnosed us with "unexplained infertility." honestly, at this point after hearing about the side-effects of Clomid, I am willing to deal with them vs. another 3-6 months of disappointment cycle after cycle. I know I would look back after that and just wish I did it now. So that's why.

oh, i didnt know that is the only reason i was asking...
as many people go to them because they just dont want to wait..but sometimes baby making takes time..
I went to one trying to conceive my second child..we tried for yrs and went to an RE and we both got unexplained infertility..we did clomid and some other stuff..i forget now it was so long ago. but funny thing is 5 yrs later we conceived naturally....this after we sat down yrs before and said we should just be happy with what we have and well we ended up forgetting ttc all together...then one day surprise :).......

best of luck to you

Have you tried Mucinex? I've only ever conceived on it. We've been basically NTNP since the boys were born and haven't conceived. It's never taken us over 3 months with it so this month we did a bit. If it doesn't work we'll have to go back to the 3 times a day.

I've been on it Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec and no "symptoms" as such, just irritable on the day I had taken it. I took them at night.
Had 100mg first 2 months, then been taking 50mg since.
Can't say it's been of any use though. Got a few more months to try then won't bother trying again.

ur only supposed to take musinex the week your Oing...ur not on it for the entire month are you?

I been put on it when I was pregnant especially if I have a chest infection. The doctor oB office i worked at did the same with its patience. I think some doctors dont like anyone taking anything period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->