Looks like I'm now back to stay...for a while at least

Haidee

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

My husband and I have now decided that we would like another little one. He does not want Janu (2.5 years old now) to grow up alone. Now I am wondering, if I get pregnant immediately, Janu will be will then be just over 3 years older than his brother/sister. Is the gap too big for them to enjoy each other? Have we now waited just too long?

I've stopped taking my birth control this month, my period has started on the 17th....so we'll see what happens.

I've prayed about this and truly believe that if this is meant to be then it will. I'm not going to do the whole temperature measuring and counting of days (well I'm really going to try hard not to...but I'm sure all of you know that that's very hard not to do :blush:)

Well chat to you ladies again later, I've got to run now, time for work.
Haidee

hi, me and my husband are ttc too, i have a 5 year old and a 3 year old so the gap will be 4 maybe more years between the next

I've spoken to a few people about the age gap and found that the age is not always an issue, their personalities has a huge influence. I'm just hoping that if I do get pregnant my two will be good friends!

Fairy dust to you!!!!:hugs:

the whole "NTNP" method is hard huh? Fighting the urge to temp and chart is hard, hard....I am doing it now since I am trying to figure out if I am Oing or not, but I really think I am going to quit. To stressful!

i have never charted or done temp and had 3 pregnancies but one was a misscarriage, it happened straight away i must be very fertile

Oh my, yes I know the feeling! With my previous ttc, I did the whole temp taking every morning, charting it and all the symptoms that go with it. Because we've just now decided that we'll try for another last one, I've just stopped taking my pil and were just too lazy to start the process of temp, chart, checking etc.

I'm just going to go with the flow, if we miss my ov date, then so be it. Then I believe it was not meant to be.

At this stage it just feels so much better, natural and not so very calculated as before. I think it might just be so much more of a suprise this way! :happydance:

....although I cannot keep myself from keeping track of my cycle days in my head :blush:, at this stage I'm on CD8....:dohh:

that's how i start!!!! just keeping a mental note of what cd Iam....then I start saying well, we might should BD just in case these days.....then I start saying man I wish I had of charted so I would know when to test that way I am not wasting these!!!! then I use them anyways even though I know I couldn't be......:wacko:officially a physco:blush:lol!!!

:haha:hahahaha Rachel, I love it, it's fantastic to have someone to relate to, I feel very pshyco every other day! :happydance::happydance:

:haha:hahahaha Rachel, I love it, it's fantastic to have someone to relate to, I feel very pshyco every other day! :happydance::happydance:

Hehehehe my husband doesn't love it as much:shrug: LOL! I keep telling him once my cycles get regulated I will quit temping and just "know" when to test....Little does he know, I may NEVER get regular :blush:

FF changed my O date today AGAIN :growlmad: And since I don't know much about charting I am not sure what to believe. BD timing was so much better when O date was day 24, so I will stick with it...making me 5 days post o....:winkwink: Besides, the test date is sooner with that DPO...:thumbup:

Hi Rachel,

Poor husbands, I sometimes really honestly do feel sorry for them, all our hormone changes they have to deal with. :blush:

I have two boys already, so this time I would really be happy if we can have a little girl. So reading up on the ways to do it and when to do it for which gender....I will O on the 1st of March (tomorrow) which means that for a girl we had to do it yesterday and the day before.....can you believe that I completely forgot!!!! At least we did it once yesterday. Had to then explain it to my hubby why we wont be doing it today and tomorrow. :blush: He just shook his head and had a good laugh at it all.

I see you have 4 beautiful girls! Wow, it must be fabulous having so many kids around you. Whilst growing up, I always thought that it would be great to have 5 kids. Most people think I'm crazy when I tell them that. :wacko:

Would you want another girl or prefer a boy now?

Would you want another girl or prefer a boy now?

Hubby wanted a boy with the last one. I didn't because we thought we were "done" and I thought, "poor boy, why would he want three sisters???" So I wanted another girl. Now that we are open to more children, I would be lying if I said I didn't want a boy....not saying I wouldn't LOVE a girl. But a boy, that would be great:baby:

I love, love, love having four children. We thought we were "done" after two for a while, and then came number 3 kind of un-planned. Best un-planned surprise we EVER got:thumbup: Going from number 1 to number 2 was hard for me (because of the 16 month age gap and the fact that I was very young still and some what clueless) the last two, even though they are 16m apart, were CAKE! My girls are best friends and we absoluely love having a house full of kids. People joke and say "i bet you have your hands full" And what can I say other than yes, but my heart is even fuller:flower:

Talking about "trying" for a girl/boy- if i DID O at CD 24 like I thought, we timed it good kind of.......(not trying to, just worked out that way) but if O really was day 26, we are bound for a girl...:baby:

By the way, I am still cramping like crazy....AF is due this week according to my last two cycles (which were NO o) If AF does come, I know that I still have to high levels of prolactin to have a long enough luteal phase to get pregnant. which is fine, at least I know I can o :happydance::happydance:

Oh my word, I don't even know if I O?? I haven't a clue what to look for to be sure if it happens....suppose if I want to know, I'll have to temp or take an O test?

But as I said, I just want this to happen more 'naturally' this time.

Well, seeing as we will be having the tww around the same time, you should keep me posted on what's happening your side.

Where do you stay?

Some people have symptoms like O pain that they "know" when they are Oing. Some have no idea :)

I am still waiting to see what happens for me this month. No AF yet- cramps aren't near as bad as they were. Maybe I am going to have a nice long luteal phase. Maybe the cramping was implantation:blush:or maybe I am fishing for symptoms to make myself feel better....:shrug: haha.

What cycle day are you? how many days are your cycles usually?

After playing around with a few calculators, it seems like I have a 30 day cycle, which will put me on CD18 today...

Then I've missed my O day completely, but that's OK. Better luck next time.

How long is your cycle?

how are you doing? Last month was not my month, which is fine because I am still just kind of seeing what happends :thumbup: And things have been SUPER crazy for us, so if I had of gotten preg, it would have been a little stressful.

I am still waiting to O this month but not obsessing about it NEAR as much this month (I hope) :blush:

Just wanted to comment on the age gap! My daughter just turned 4 and my son turns 1 in two months and they play together and love eachother to bits. Also my brothers and myself are the same length apart and we are very close.=) Good luck to you!

Just wanted to comment on the age gap! My daughter just turned 4 and my son turns 1 in two months and they play together and love eachother to bits. Also my brothers and myself are the same length apart and we are very close.=) Good luck to you!

Hi there,

Thanks for the info! I feel so quilty when watching my little one always so alone. ....now it must just happen!

how are you doing? Last month was not my month, which is fine because I am still just kind of seeing what happends :thumbup: And things have been SUPER crazy for us, so if I had of gotten preg, it would have been a little stressful.

I am still waiting to O this month but not obsessing about it NEAR as much this month (I hope) :blush:

Hi Rachel,

I'm doing fine. We've been on a bit of a holiday for a week, my husband and mom did the Cape Argus Cycle Tour, Janu and I just went with as moral support.

Well, last month has not been my month either. AF arrived yesterday. Luckily I don't feel stumped about it. I've got so much going on at home and at work that I don't have time worrying about it.

Now I've got to try and just get the timing right to make the probability for a girl better. :blush: So much for no planning this time round.

By when do you expect to O? I'm now on CD2, so I should O around the 28-29 March.

Got to run now, got to get Janu to day-care, he's got KinderMuzik this morning....and I've got to get to work.

Chat soon.

I am CD 14 or something today I think. Not sure when I will O since I didn't O til CD 26 last month. With all the craziness around here, not sure if we will BD at the right time or not. If not, next month is fine with me:thumbup:

We are planning to go to the beach in May and if I did get pg this cycle, morning sickness would be in full swing when we go! YUCK! Probably better if we waited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->