Loooonng cycle after having baby~ please help me

SBBaby

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I had a baby in June 2014 and stopped BFing in November because we want to try to get ptegnant again. I got my first AF a few weeks after ~ CD 1 was Nov 25. I used an OPK and got a positive Dec 11 on the ClearBlue kind that gives you solid smiles and flashing smiles (what I consider the best kind). Also got a negative on the other kind that gives you only one kind of smile, but trusted the "good" one and BD'd did all I could during those days. I expected AF would be due on Christmas since CD 1 was Nov 25 and I used to have 30 day cycles before I got pregs last year. Well christmas came and went and no Af in sight and TONS of BFNs. I'm a bad POAS-er and waste so much money. I'm addicted. So here's my question. I don't feel AF coming at all but I do have cramps here and there that I feel are ov cramps, plus clear CM. I decided to take another OPK (good kind) this morning for shits and giggles and sure enough ~ solid smile. Could I be ovulating now?? I know your cycles can be fussy after a baby but this is drivin me nuts!! Any help or opinions I appreciate so much!!!

That does sound like you're ovulating now. I know after having a baby/breastfeeding your cycles can be a bit wonky. Your body probably tried to ovulate back on December 11- triggering an LH surge giving you the positive OPK- but never actually managed to release an egg. Now it's probably trying again. So BD away! Babydust to you! :dust:

Thank you so much. Seems so crazy that I'd be ovulating this far after my period!

Until your prolactin level go's down you can expect wonky cycles .You can ovulate late and still get pregnant , with my 2nd daughter I ovulated so late that when I found out I was already 5 weeks pregnant going by LMP. Good luck!.

I had my first AF after baby in September, then didn't have another one until December. Who know when the next one will be? My friends have similar stories, especially those who breastfed at all. Good luck! I hope yours returns somewhat normally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->