loosing baby weight after c-section

lauralou25

mummy to 2 boys xx
Reaction score
hi ladies i had my 2nd c section four months ago and feel like its time to start exercising im really un-happy with my stomach its just so flabby and jelly like and horrible this time after my first little boy i never had a flat stomach i still had a little bit of a baby tummy but it was not too bad and did not bother me but this time i hate it i still look like im 4 months pregnant and at the end of the evening im so bloated its ridiculous :( anyone else feel the same way or have started exercising? tips would be really appreciated

Wish I had some advice, but I'm in the same boat. I was overweight before, so I am really overweight now :growlmad:
I find it harder to lose weight after having had a c-section. Before being pregnant, I could lose weight on just changing the way I eat but not this time.
I did try to start to work out, but I felt a lot of pressure and stings on the incision area, so it hasn't been easy for me. I am 30lbs from being my pre-preg weight, only 25lbs lighter than from being pregnant and we all know that about 20lbs are lost at birth/section, so really, I haven't lost ANY baby weight :cry:

I had to have an emergency section with my first child 6 years ago and even though I put on close to 50lbs I still bounced back to my pre-pregnancy size quickly. Before my daughter was one I even weighed less than before I became pregnant. I am not an active person either. I think it probably depends on the woman. I wasn't allowed to do anything for 8 weeks after my section as well.

Any chance I get, I am walking outside with the baby and I recently started Zumba on Wii. I tried to do it 8 weeks pp and I was still sore, so I waited until 10 weeks pp. It helps but I don't get to do it as often as I would like. We also have a exercise bike that I use every so often. One thing that probably helps the most is that I dance with my lo who loves to be moving. I turn on some salsa, bachata or merengue music and we just dance for about 30 minutes a day. It helps put her to sleep as well :haha:

I am in the same boat! Just started using Myfitnesspal.com a few weeks ago to help me lose the baby weight after an emergency c-sec. I put on 40lbs this preg. I am 8lbs away from where I was when I was pregnant however I put on 20lbs prior to my preg. after moving in with OH. So I am working on losing the baby weight and then some.

If you can find a good pilates class that will help.

When you have a c-section sometimes your core muscles can be slow to re-strengthen as you guard for 6 weeks or so after birth.

Pilates / ballet workout / callanetics will help improve your core muscles, back strength and posture - effectively your tone up from inside-out rather than just toning surface muscles. Swimming is also really good for this.

Sit-ups and crunchies only exercise your muscles nearer surface & can actually end up giving you a pot belly. Core muscle exercises can also be incorporated when you are out pushing the buggy, making exercise baby-friendly and free!

If you can find a good pilates class that will help.

When you have a c-section sometimes your core muscles can be slow to re-strengthen as you guard for 6 weeks or so after birth.

Pilates / ballet workout / callanetics will help improve your core muscles, back strength and posture - effectively your tone up from inside-out rather than just toning surface muscles. Swimming is also really good for this.

Sit-ups and crunchies only exercise your muscles nearer surface & can actually end up giving you a pot belly. Core muscle exercises can also be incorporated when you are out pushing the buggy, making exercise baby-friendly and free!

I manage to get to a spin class once a week but still not happy with the way my belly looks :cry: it's more or less flat when I lay down on my back but once I stand up straight I look about 5 months gone! :growlmad:

My tummy is all wobbly - not nice at all :nope: I'm back in size 10 clothes (not some of my 8's) but the belly is still there.

How can I do core exercises whilst pushing the pram? This sounds good. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->