Lopsided..help!

Lschorr

Reaction score
I know it is common for one breast to be larger than the other but mine are just ridiculous. I started off nursing my son at birth (he is 3 weeks now) but breastfeeding just wasn't working out for us so I'm pumping and FF. I have only been getting 6-8 ozs a day and pretty much all of it is from one boob. I still pump the other side but never really get anything. I started taking fenugreek a few days ago and have noticed a very small increase. Anything else I can try? How long should I be pumping on the non producing side? Thanks!

I had that issue with DS. My right outproduced my left about twice as much from right to left. I personally was only pumping at work, so I made and effort to put DS to the left much more often as I favor the right unconsciously. Now with DD, it doesn't seem as bad.

All I can say is it's normal, and to pump on that side as much as you can, but don't stress TOO much about it.

Yep same age babies and I'm lopsided at the mo too. My early baby (35w) had trouble triggering my let down on my slower side. Other side is polar opposite and almost chokes him as its quite a strong let down and always has a lot of milk there. I'll hopefully even them up a bit when he's bigger and got a stronger deeper latch.

haha when I am completely topless I can see that my left boob hangs down about an inch more than the right! LO just has always liked the left better. I try to pump and encourage him to nurse more from the right... but really it feels like a loosing battle sometimes. Plus I had a tumer removed from the right one so I wonder if that doesn't help matters.
I have no good advise for you other then to remember it will (mostly) go back to them being very close to the same size when you are done breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->